Salus University

To the  last poster – I'm not sure if there is an option for a Skype interview. I am local so I was able to go in person. I am also not sure about the waitlist and whether it is ranked. Good luck, I would encourage you to email the admissions office to express your interest in the program!  It can't hurt and they are very friendly. 

I just got asked for an interview! I'm so incredibly excited and nervous. I've never had a grad school interview before so I have no idea what to expect. @CMyesAnd do you remember how long your one-on-one interview lasted? I know you said you don't remember the exact questions but any info would be appreciated! Thanks!

I got an email today asking me for an interview but it sounds like on-campus is the only option. I'm on the other side of the country and buying a plane ticket ATM is would be really hard on me financially. I feel now that the class is full & there are so many people already on the standby list, the chances of me getting in are so low that making that financial sacrifice would be unwise. I'll request a Skype option but not overly optimistic.

Did you have your interview yet @slptobe92? How did it go? 

6 hours ago, honeydewthis said:

I got an email today asking me for an interview but it sounds like on-campus is the only option. I'm on the other side of the country and buying a plane ticket ATM is would be really hard on me financially. I feel now that the class is full & there are so many people already on the standby list, the chances of me getting in are so low that making that financial sacrifice would be unwise. I'll request a Skype option but not overly optimistic.

Did you have your interview yet @slptobe92? How did it go? 

I had my interview today and it went great! In addition to the interview you get a tour of the campus, lunch with current students, and you meet with an academic advisor. It was definitely worth going in person. I was incredibly impressed by the school so I really hope a spot opens up for me!

On April 13, 2016 at 11:28 AM, slptobe92 said:

I just got asked for an interview! I'm so incredibly excited and nervous. I've never had a grad school interview before so I have no idea what to expect. @CMyesAnd do you remember how long your one-on-one interview lasted? I know you said you don't remember the exact questions but any info would be appreciated! Thanks!

Sorry I am just seeing this message now! Congrats on your acceptance! Yes there is a Salus Slp class of 2018 group: https://m.facebook.com/groups/160335097693517?tsid=0.2600207484792918&source=typeahead

look forward to meeting you!

37 minutes ago, CMyesAnd said:

Sorry I am just seeing this message now! Congrats on your acceptance! Yes there is a Salus Slp class of 2018 group: https://m.facebook.com/groups/160335097693517?tsid=0.2600207484792918&source=typeahead

look forward to meeting you!

yay! I'm super excited. thanks for the link!

On April 22, 2016 at 4:04 PM, slptobe92 said:

Is there a facebook group for the class of 2018? I just got accepted today and I'm so excited!

Congrats! What are your stats? Still waiting to hear back from them and was wondering if I had a shot

1 hour ago, HopefulFutureSLP2016 said:

Congrats! What are your stats? Still waiting to hear back from them and was wondering if I had a shot

Thank you! I didn't have the best stats on paper in terms of GPA. 3.0 undergraduate and 3.34 post bacc. 154/149/4.0 gre. I think my interview went really well and that probably pushed me over the top. Have you been asked to interview?

Well, guys. I had an interview today on skype. This was my first grad interview ever & really tried to prepare. I feel like I did awful.  Nerves got the best of me & froze up, rambled to the point where I found myself talking about something not related to the original question. Additionally, I couldn't think of any new questions to ask them because I felt like they had already addressed them.

The interviewers were great though- very professional and friendly. The program looks amazing & can tell the faculty is very dedicated. I really hope I did not do as poorly as I think I did. I'm definitely applying again next year unless some miracle happens where I get in.

5 hours ago, honeydewthis said:

Well, guys. I had an interview today on skype. This was my first grad interview ever & really tried to prepare. I feel like I did awful.  Nerves got the best of me & froze up, rambled to the point where I found myself talking about something not related to the original question. Additionally, I couldn't think of any new questions to ask them because I felt like they had already addressed them.

The interviewers were great though- very professional and friendly. The program looks amazing & can tell the faculty is very dedicated. I really hope I did not do as poorly as I think I did. I'm definitely applying again next year unless some miracle happens where I get in.

I'm sure you did much better than you think! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!

23 minutes ago, slptobe92 said:

Congratulations, that's awesome! Do you think you'll accept?

Definitely planning on accepting! I love their focus on inter-professional learning & I want to approach SLP from a medical angle. Additionally, they were the only program that I felt respected the commitment and time I've spent applying and communicated with me. I felt they were interested in me as a person rather than just my GRE or GPA scores. No other school has taken the initiative to do that. 

Did you get your formal acceptance letter in the mail, yet? Like you, I'm eager on making it official.

1 minute ago, honeydewthis said:

Definitely planning on accepting! I love their focus on inter-professional learning & I want to approach SLP from a medical angle. Additionally, they were the only program that I felt respected the commitment and time I've spent applying and communicated with me. I felt they were interested in me as a person rather than just my GRE or GPA scores. No other school has taken the initiative to do that. 

Did you get your formal acceptance letter in the mail, yet? Like you, I'm eager on making it official.

Yay that's exciting! I got my formal acceptance letter about a week after I was accepted by email. I sent in my deposit on Monday so I'm checking in daily to see if they've gotten it yet haha

Thanks for the info. Did you end up replying to them after you received the email that you were going to accept, or wait until the official letter arrived? 

I'm really excited to meet you this fall!! It's going to be great!

I just waited until I got my letter because there are multiple forms you have to send back (deposit, observation hour verification, demographics form) so I just waited. I'm so excited for the fall! Are you by any chance looking for an apartment? I feel like I'm the only person in the program so far who isn't from Philadelphia

I'm actually moving to the Philly area from the northwest so you won't be the only one from out of town. My husband is familiar with the area (and is very excited to move back) so I am going to leave the task of apartment hunting to his expertise.

Do any Philly people have any suggestions on where to live that would be an easy commute to Salus? Also, is finding an apartment a competitive process over there? The city I live in now has a low vacancy rate and finding a reasonably priced apartment in a decent location is a real challenge.

On 5/10/2016 at 10:36 AM, honeydewthis said:

I'm actually moving to the Philly area from the northwest so you won't be the only one from out of town. My husband is familiar with the area (and is very excited to move back) so I am going to leave the task of apartment hunting to his expertise.

Do any Philly people have any suggestions on where to live that would be an easy commute to Salus? Also, is finding an apartment a competitive process over there? The city I live in now has a low vacancy rate and finding a reasonably priced apartment in a decent location is a real challenge.

I've looked around and there are sooo many apartments within a less than a 20 minute drive from campus. A little pricey because of the location but there is definitely no shortage of apartments in the area. Once you get your MySalus login info you can check out the housing page which has a lot of suggestions.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/10/2016 at 11:42 PM, Chess said:

I got in about a month ago! Any questions feel free, and if you also got accepted let me know! I would love to start an FB page. While I am still waiting on 7 schools, I think there is a high chance I will end up there! 

Do you mind if I ask what the process was like, and if you mind sharing your GPA/GRE scores? If that's too much I understand, I'm applying to schools this coming fall and I'm hoping to apply/go to Salus but I don't think my GPA is good enough and to be honest I'm just terrified 

I applied to Salus in mid January and am still on their stand by list to be interviewed. I am pretty positive their class that starts in Fall 2016 is completely is full (which I am okay with because I am already committed to another program) but if you are really interested in going to this school I would apply when the application is available because it is rolling admission and they will review your application as soon as all of the materials are received by them. Good luck!