B- in foundation classes?

My advisor yesterday was talking about in all foundation classes we have to maintain above a B- I kind of figured this was the case but has anyone who has already done this program had issues with that? I don't know why that freaks me out because I was a good student in undergrad I maintained A's and B's just the idea of potentially failing is scary. I want to do amazing, I want to be an amazing social worker and help people, I want to succeed as a student.

Please stop. Seriously.

Yes, please. You've been doing this for a while and have been ignoring more subtle requests that you stop. This is your last warning, what you are doing is nothing short of stalking and bullying. I won't hesitate to suspend or even ban you, if necessary.

Hey, don't worry about it too much. Maintaining a B is pretty standard in any graduate program across the board. In my first masters, we were only allowed one C (73 and higher) before getting dropped from the program... or having to sit a semester out to "regroup" if they liked you and you had a significant enough reason. Just stay focused, do your work, STUDY (I never studied in undergrad), and you'll be fine. For what it's worth, I finished my first masters with a 3.83 - only two Bs. One B+ and one B, on the 7 point scale (ie: 93 = A).

Edited by Lifesaver

My advisor yesterday was talking about in all foundation classes we have to maintain above a B- I kind of figured this was the case but has anyone who has already done this program had issues with that? I don't know why that freaks me out because I was a good student in undergrad I maintained A's and B's just the idea of potentially failing is scary. I want to do amazing, I want to be an amazing social worker and help people, I want to succeed as a student.

It's a standard requirement and there is no reason why you can't be successful in your classes. If you want to know if this has been an issue for students in your program, it's probably easier to ask current students or faculty there about average grades and how people usually manage, or alternatively how common it is for people to have to leave the program because of grade issues, than to ask here. If you're worried about asking a professor, this is the kind of thing that the admin staff should know about and be able to share with you. (And btw, making friends with the admin staff in your program is a good idea in general!) 

Yeah, agree.  If you already are a pretty good student, just continue to rely on what worked for you in your school/study habits.  I'm working on my second masters and no issues grade wise.  It was tough, but I just had to study harder in some classes.  There will be no room for slacking in work you turned in or winging it for test.  I'm excited and nervous to start my MSW program, but I know I'm a book worm and have good study habits.  Plus, If you are having problems, they have resources at your school to help.  Just don't wait til last minute.  You will do fine.