How long did it take USC applicants to hear back on applications?

kjrife2009

Monday will mark week 12 since I submitted my application. I received an admit decision from my safety school today and have only 5 days to respond. USC is my top choice but I do not want to prolong my studies another year if I get rejected. Typically I have seen other applicants wait a little less than 3 months. I am feeling very pressured at this point in time so just looking for some information/reassurance from other applicants. Thanks in advance!

I'm really interested in hearing from others too about when they had recieved an answer from USC as next Tuesday is 12 weeks for me as well.

Starting to get really nervous about making a decison on what to do, whether to forget about USC and go with plan B at this point.

• 2 weeks later...

kjrife2009 - have you heard back with an answer yet? Still waiting, today marks week 13 for me.

also interested in hearing from other USC applicants as to how long it took them to recieve an answer from when they submitted their app.

Is anyone else still waiting to hear back from USC for fall cohort??

bluebark 314 - Today marks week 13 for me as well. I still have not heard anything back yet. I declined the offer from my safety school and now am waiting to hear from USC. I am actually starting to get frustrated! I was prepared to wait between 8-12 weeks but now that we have passed that timeline I find myself getting annoyed. My advisor said that decisions should be coming soon now that they are pretty much finished with decisions for the summer cohort. However, "soon" will most likely take a few more weeks I fear. 

Thanks for the response, kjrife2009. I too am feeling frustrated, but I am trying to exercise patience regardless. Reading other threads it seems like there are other schools besides USC that are taking a really long time in making decisions.

It's just hard because with waiting on my admissions decision I feel like I am in a limbo of sorts for the Fall. Not really able to commit to anything, school and otherwise. USC is still my top choice though, so hoping for some good news soon!

Well I was on the wait list for a week than the following I got a letter email saying I have been accepted will be paying later on this week to keep my spot! I applied since November I am just happy the wait is over!

I called to check on my application today! An admissions advisor said my application has been reviewed and a decision will be made within the next week. I applied Feb 3,2014. Just wanted to let other applicants know to check emails this week/next week!

• 1 month later...

Accepted today via e-mail, 7/2/2014.

Applied February 3, and so long with not hearing any decision had pretty much given up hope.

Excited to start in a month with my Fall cohort, go Trojans!

I applied June 6 and heard back on July 2. I applied for the Fall Sept cohort, but was accepted for the Aug cohort. 

A few things I've done is keep in contact with my adviser, we spoke about what was needed and or missing. Because I was married so I had two different names and one thing was held up in pending because it didn't connect with my app under my maiden name.  I never received anything telling me papers were missing.  I also told myself that there had to be at least 50% of the tuition being covered by grants or scholarships for me to accept an offer, the rest could be loans, but I wasn't going to fork out the whole thing on loans. These were my boundaries.

On the flip side I've not heard anything back from FA and that is a determining factor for me. If FA is all loans and no scholarships, I'm not going to accept. I don't want to loan debt load that comes with this school, even if it has the concentration I want with the Military. Using the pay after 10 years etc it still is astronomical the amounts I will have to come up with for 10 years.  When I called about scholarships I was told the person would not be back in until Monday (the day my 280.00 is due to hold my place) and they won't know about FA for a few more weeks.

I was accepted into my local CSU MSW program at $15,600.00 approx for two years.  The grant I might qualify for is just barely under the tuition and so if I take loans it will be to help with living expenses. The loans will also be a much smaller amount in the long run.  

When I started the USC app my app for the CSU was declined, the day after I submitted my app to USC, CSU called and offered me a spot in the program. 

Call your adviser and talk to that person, ask them whats up or call the school directly. Mine had  given me great tips of what the committee was looking for, what I needed to get across in the personal statement etc.

Stats for those who want them. Overall GPA 3.09.  Major GPA 3.45.  BA Sociology with the Social Service Option, minors in Psych and Human Dev. My major since it was along the lines of a BSW, but not, still had an internship and hours to keep track of and minimums I had to meet.  I have over twenty years of real life experiences in corporate America, but could show that in these jobs I did volunteer work for their fundraising campaigns etc. I was always asking for more.  I know at least one of my recommendations was amazing. The others I had not seen. One professor and two people at my internship. 

PW