Commonwealth Shared Scholarship 2014

Sh_India

Hi,

Have you been shortlisted/nominated for Commonwealth Shared Scholarship 2014? Did you hear from your university about results or any further information?

Edited by Shrey_India

Hi,

I was told by the University of Southampton to apply through the EAS as I have been nominated and recently when I checked my account in the EAS the stage of application has changed from Nominating agency to CSC. 

How about you? Which University did you apply to?

Hi Sjc,

I got nominated by University of Cambridge. It's written in the EAS brochure that results should be declared within 20 working days. When was your deadline? Mine was for 16th April so I guess the results should be announced soon.

Hi,

Congratulations on that!

Yes the deadline for the  application through the EAS was 16th April, and the deadline for universities to send their final nominations was 30th April. My application in the EAS indicates that it is with the CSC since 25th April. So I think the nomination have been confirmed now.  

I wonder how the rest of the process is going to be. Southampton informed me that the final confirmation of award from CSC should be sent to them by end of June/ early July. I have not come across the brochure which says that results are declared within 20 working days. So could you kindly share the link to this if it is available online. In this case I think we will be contacted end of this month.

Thanks. Congratulations to you too.

Sorry I just realised that 20 days thing is for something else. I checked with Cambridge though and they said results should be out by end of this month.

I wonder how many applicants are nominated and the ratio for nominations and awards.

Edited by Sh_India

Thank you. 

According to the guide on 'how to asses applications' for nominating agencies (http://cscuk.dfid.gov.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/eas-guide-agencies-assessing.pdf) the universities can nominate only up to the number of awards allocated to them. Which means that if you are nominated you generally receive it. That is also what I read from another thread from a reply from someone who had got the scholarship in a previous year.

Lets keep our fingers crossed. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Congratulations to  you too.  It is nice to know another scholarship nominee.

Do keep in touch.

All the best!

• 2 weeks later...

This is what i received from Queen Mary University of London, in reply of my email;

" Dear Muhammad,

Congratulations on being offered a place at QMUL and even more so a Commonwealth Shared Scholarship.  I believe that the CSC will be writing to me in the next couple of days to send around more details to pass on to you such as Medical forms.

As soon as I hear from them I’ll be in touch again.

Best Regards, "

This gives me a feeling that those who got recommended by their agent University are final nominee for Common Wealth Shared Scholarship.... :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Muhammad,

Thanks for sharing the reply from your university. Did you hear back from them yet? This wait is way too long now.

I was also wondering since the deadline for most international students would be end of July as visa process and everything should start from August, ideally we should hear back from Commonwealth Commission by this month. 

Hey, 

Sorry I haven't been in touch for a while. 

This is what i received from Queen Mary University of London, in reply of my email;

" Dear Muhammad,

Congratulations on being offered a place at QMUL and even more so a Commonwealth Shared Scholarship.  I believe that the CSC will be writing to me in the next couple of days to send around more details to pass on to you such as Medical forms.

As soon as I hear from them I’ll be in touch again.

Best Regards, "

This gives me a feeling that those who got recommended by their agent University are final nominee for Common Wealth Shared Scholarship.... :rolleyes:

When I was informed that I have been nominated, I asked them if there will be anymore selection from the university. The funding officer replied me saying that there will not be any more selections from the university's perspective for the scholarship but that I should fulfill the requirements set by the CSC. 

By following forums of some other Commonwealth shared scholarship nominees and after reading the FAQ and guide for the nominating agencies I understand that if the current stage of your application is at CSC you are a firm choice nominee for the scholarship and if the application still says nominating agency, it means that the candidate is in the reserve list.

Edited by sjc

About a week back I wrote to the international funding officer of Southampton as their had been silence for more than a month. I  asked her about the medical examination. After checking with the Commission she had replied me today saying

"Following my last email, Irene Costello, our Programme Officer, will be sending out some forms and instructions to you shortly which will include information about the medical examination."

Irene Costello seems to be someone in the CSC. So hopefully we should be able to hear from them soon. :) lets just pray that we don't have to wait much longer. :)

Edited by sjc

About a week back I wrote to the international funding officer of Southampton as their had been silence for more than a month. I  asked her about the medical examination. After checking with the Commission she had replied me today saying

"Following my last email, Irene Costello, our Programme Officer, will be sending out some forms and instructions to you shortly which will include information about the medical examination."

Irene Costello seems to be someone in the CSC. So hopefully we should be able to hear from them soon. :) lets just pray that we don't have to wait much longer. :)

My recruitment head has contacted CSC yesterday, he has sent me my reference number with attached medical forms and guidelines. Irene Costello is part of CSC and I have to send these form back to her. :)

Congratulations Sjc and Muhammad for this development. So CSC finally responded. 

I am on the reserve list for Cambridge and so the wait for me will be longer. 

Congratulations Muhammad! 

I haven't received any instructions yet. My  funding officer won't be in office till the 17th of June, so I wonder if I will have to wait till then to hear the decision.  :unsure:

so the wait continues for me as well. 

No idea Soheera. I gathered from other forums, there were candidates last year who got offer from reserve list and they were others who did not. So situation will vary. From which university are you nominated for a commonwealth? All the best to you :)

No, the university has not emailed me yet. I checked different forums and came to know that those candidates who have Nominating Agency 1 in Stage column in EAS are in Reserve list and those who have CSC are in the Nominated List. Since I have not received any rejection notification so I assumed that I am in Reserve List  :unsure: