Commonwealth Shared Scholarship 2014

Sh_India

Hi all,

I received the email with  the  documents and reference number from my University,  today.

What are the chances for a candidate on Reserve List?  

I read somewhere in the CSC website that every year a certain percentage of candidates apply and get nominated through several universities for the  scholarship, but  they can accept only one award. So I think when the other universities are informed of the candidates decision they can forward the applications of the reserve list candidates to the CSC.

Sjc,

Congratulations for receiving all your documents. So your wait is finally over :)

Thanks yeah even I read in CSC's website about that. Fingers crossed and hoping for the best. 

Thanks and congratulations sjc  :)

Yesterday I got notified by the university that my application has been submitted as a Reserve candidate and I will be given more definite information in a few weeks  :unsure:

Good luck Sh_India and LoiseN  :)

• 2 weeks later...

Sjc,

Congratulations for receiving all your documents. So your wait is finally over :)

Thanks yeah even I read in CSC's website about that. Fingers crossed and hoping for the best. 

Yesterday I got notified by the university that my application has been submitted as a Reserve candidate and I will be given more definite information in a few weeks  :unsure:

Hi all, thanks for your wishes. Hope you would hear from your Universities soon.

Muhammad, did you submit the forms and medical  report?

Yeah..My medical report has reached CSC office today. Waiting for the response. Can you please share your skype ID or FB profile, so that we can better keep in touch during further process?

sjc and Muhammad Kamran,

Is there a deadline for accepting the scholarship offer and submitting medical reports? I am asking to get an idea of when the Reserve candidates can expect to receive an offer? or rejection :unsure:  

Hi

Yeah..My medical report has reached CSC office today. Waiting for the response. Can you please share your skype ID or FB profile, so that we can better keep in touch during further process?

My medical report had reached the CSC office on 26th as well. 

My  skype ID is Surendranie. I just added you. See if you have got a message.

sjc and Muhammad Kamran,

Is there a deadline for accepting the scholarship offer and submitting medical reports? I am asking to get an idea of when the Reserve candidates can expect to receive an offer? or rejection :unsure:  

Even I had the same question as Soheera for both Sjc and Muhammad. Do you guys have any deadline for accepting the scholarship? 

Actually there was no such deadline. The only  thing it said was that

Failure to return the form promptly would result in the cancellation of the award. 

and if a candidate has been nominated by several universities the decision not to accept the award of a particular University should be informed to the respective University  as soon as possible. 

Hey Soheera and Loisen,

Did your University notify you with a formal email about the reserve list yet?

yes the university wrote to me about end of April. Nothing has changed yet, am still on the reserve list

thanx, being on that list is not the best feeling, chances are 50 50. Let's continue waiting. All the best Soheera02

That's great Soheera. Your university officially notified you. I am still waiting for the same from my university. 

Good luck to you too :)

sh_India, the university will communicate to you in due time

Hi

My medical report had reached the CSC office on 26th as well. 

My  skype ID is Surendranie. I just added you. See if you have got a message.

Actually there was no such deadline. The only  thing it said was that

Failure to return the form promptly would result in the cancellation of the award. 

and if a candidate has been nominated by several universities the decision not to accept the award of a particular University should be informed to the respective University  as soon as possible. 

so there is an indefinite period of waiting for Reserve candidates  :(

Thanks anyway  :)

I am keeping my fingers crossed for all of you. I can imagine what you must be feeling.

I am also nervous that there may be something wrong that would result in a rejection of my application.

Good luck to you all!

The Commission is currently reviewing our nominations for the five scholarships available. Please note that the nomination process can take several weeks to review/complete. We will contact you in June to advise if there has been any change to your reserve status.

June is over and no communication yet, the faster the nominees accept their scholarship, the faster we get to know our fate.

sjc, if I am offered the award I will be as scared as you of any mishap until I reach the university  :D . but don't worry, think good and good will happen 

Loisen, All this waiting has become so torturous.... but we have no other option  :(

I cannot log on to the EAS portal since yesterday. It says my username or password is incorrect. I have requested for a new password many times. It says that new password will be sent through email but I have not received any email yet. Do they delete accounts if the application is rejected? :wacko:  
But I have not received any rejection email as well. 

I cannot log on to the EAS portal since yesterday. It says my username or password is incorrect. I have requested for a new password many times. It says that new password will be sent through email but I have not received any email yet. Do they delete accounts if the application is rejected? :wacko:  

Same problem with my login... :(

I have been having the same problem. I don't understand why but CSS had communicated saying they delete all entries in July. July started today so we should have been able to access it by yesterday.