Bombed this semester. How bad is this?

cnn2230

I have had a rough semester to say the least. I've been working two jobs for a combined 40+hour work week on top of taking the three most difficult classes of my life. I have been skating by with a B and two C's until today. I was late turning in a paper and got a zero for 15% of the overall class grade.

Now, it is looking like I will get a B, C and D.

How much trouble is this going to cause me?

I'm know I did this to myself but I am pretty devistated right now.

This will take my gpa down to a 3.5

The only thing my offer mentioned in that regard was that I will need to submit my final transcript before I register. There was noting as far as telling me I needed to maintain the same level of academic success.

Edited by cnn2230

Take a breather. Stay calm. Call (don't email) the admissions department and ask them straight up about your probable GPA for this semester. And then tell your bosses that you need to take a break. Do your best to finish strong. You will need to prioritize your time better in graduate school, believe me.

This is called "senioritis." Schools can, and have many times rescinded an offer for admissions because of this.You are best not to even say anything. As long as your graduation and degree is posted, adcoms will not get involved. The office secretary will just post as normal. However, if you send an email and bring attention to this, then an admissions officer will read this and that might raise some problems. - Admissions Advice Online  

• 2 weeks later...

As far as I am aware, you don't need to bring this up to admissions. Unless there were *extremely* specific guidelines regarding funding, you should be ok. You said that you just needed to submit your final transcripts? They just want to see that you actually obtained your degree and that there weren't any **significant** problems (i.e. you failed a class and cannot graduate, you withdrew, etc.) 

That said, I am not part of the adcomm, nor am I an expert. However, I had friends that didn't do so well their last semester of college and they still maintained all funding/privileges for graduate school. I don't know how competitive your program is, but I'm betting that the final transcripts just need to be sent as proof you completed your degree. Don't beat yourself up too much. 

So the semester is over and while it was my worst semester, I did not do as poorly as I had expected. 

I busted my ass and pulled out an A in cal based physics 2 and two C's in my geosciences class. I am also doing field work this summer for 6 credit  hours and will most likely end up with a B.