Oxford University funding/college placement decisions

InGaussweTrust

I got into the college of my preference (Balliol). I have been told that at this point it is unlikely that I will receive college funding since these are more often awarded in conjunction with university funding. The results will probably go out within two weeks.

Thanks for the responses. Yeah I am concerned about funding options coming up empty for me as well. I'm not sure if finding out about decisions later on is good/bad/non-determinative. I'll post when I hear back about it, for anyone else that may still be anxiously waiting.

• 2 weeks later...

Just heard from my department that I was awarded Clarendon funding! I am absolutely over the moon since I assumed all those awards had been handed out months ago. The email was from a department head and there was no mention of my college yet, but at this point I don't care too much. :)

VERY EXCITED!

• 8 months later...

Thanks be to Gauss, I hope to have a pleasant surprise as well :P. Is an early admission a good sign? Or it doesn't mean anything at all? Is a January admission considered "early"? Sorry for the interrogation :P

Thanks be to Gauss, I hope to have a pleasant surprise as well :P. Is an early admission a good sign? Or it doesn't mean anything at all? Is a January admission considered "early"? Sorry for the interrogation :P

Did you apply for the November deadline? Because then January acceptances are about the norm. Similar for January applications where March (or late February) is the norm.

Edited by Kleene