Still Have Not Heard Anything-Anyone Else?

allthings

I am waiting to hear from Northwestern. I was interviewed for their Dramatic Writing for the Screen and Stage program on February 18th. Does anyone know if they tell you whether or not you are WAITLISTED?

I'm getting a little concerned because I have no idea when I would have to accept by and I keep having this horrible vision of them forgetting to tell me the decision all together.

Is anyone else going through this?

I'm still waiting to hear from Davis.. They didn't invite me for an interview though, so I think I'm in their "last resort" list, and my chances are close to zero. The application deadline was December 15 :( I pretty much gave up hope, but people are still get acceptances from schools, so hopefully you will too!

I just received an email a couple of days ago from a masters program at Penn State...The deadline was Feb 27 for the application(I submitted mine earlier) so I am not sure what took so long. The email said that the program had accepted me and is now taking my application to the graduate school for approval, who would then send me a formal letter, so it is April 30 and I have not received a formal letter. If April 15 is the normal notification date for our decisions, why do some schools not tell us we are accepted until after that?

I just received an email a couple of days ago from a masters program at Penn State...The deadline was Feb 27 for the application(I submitted mine earlier) so I am not sure what took so long. The email said that the program had accepted me and is now taking my application to the graduate school for approval, who would then send me a formal letter, so it is April 30 and I have not received a formal letter. If April 15 is the normal notification date for our decisions, why do some schools not tell us we are accepted until after that?

because April the 15th is the deadline for studentes with funded offers - the first round of admitts. So if somebody rejects the offer, they will offer it to their pool of qualified applicants (which probably weren't as qualified as the first round)....Since some people wait pretty long to decline the offers, some admitts will be pretty late. This is especially true for programs that only accepts funded students.

• 2 weeks later...

It's always worth calling and checking. When I was applying to PhD programs I received full funding at a school and was somehow never notified of the fact until I had already accepted somewhere else a full month later! It's rare that these kind of mistakes happen, but they do.

Important Information

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. See our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use