Completely Incorrect SOP

Hi,

Hope you all are doing well.

(I assume) I'm in a great trouble, I've recentlly sent my application to a grad school. Courier is delivered to the admissions office (Not to the department yet of my knowledge) according to FedEx. Unfortunately, I've sent them a completely irrelevant SOP. :(

While the sent SOP was for Electrical engineering program, the application was for Computer Science (I'm rather interested in CS than EE). All my last hopes were on this university admisson and its going to be a flop story now.

Please post any information/advice/suggestions/steps to overcome this blunder. Your time for the comments are highly appericiated.

Regards,
(needy)

Just contact them, apologize and say you mistakenly sent them the wrong application materials, and ask the person you contact to replace the materials they received with the correct ones you're sending now. Since you've been doing this by mail, I'd recommend calling the office and explaining to a person that you'll be sending corrected versions of your materials. If you call them promptly, you could even prevent your irrelevant SOP from being sent to your department at all.

I don't think you need to stress about this too much. If you have to make a mistake, it's better to make it with the university admissions office, which is facilitating the process for the whole school, than with the department where people you want to work with will be evaluating your personally. Both groups are busy, and busy people are unlikely to spend extra time reading an irrelevant SOP in addition to your correct one.