AFRI NIFA 2014

ekpfeil

Nothing yet for pre-doct? I hate this waiting deal. Do you guys know if I can still be a TA and have the NIFA fellowship/

Yeah I haven't heard anything either. That sounds like a good question for your Grad Secratary. I'm pretty sure you can't do that here at Pitt. Maybe you can defer it until spring if you are awarded one? Does anyone know for sure that they haven't announced the Graduate Fellowships yet? Maybe they did and we didn't get one, LOL.

Yeah I haven't heard anything either. That sounds like a good question for your Grad Secratary. I'm pretty sure you can't do that here at Pitt. Maybe you can defer it until spring if you are awarded one? Does anyone know for sure that they haven't announced the Graduate Fellowships yet? Maybe they did and we didn't get one, LOL.

I will ask her then. Hopefully that is not the case and they are leaving the winners to the end.

I haven't heard anything either. This forum is the only source of announcement that I know of. I was also wondering maybe they've announced it but we are the unlucky ones, but hopefully not!! If either of you hear anything please post - I need to know (good or bad) to calm my nerves.

Nothing yet for pre-doct? I hate this waiting deal. Do you guys know if I can still be a TA and have the NIFA fellowship/

You wouldn't be able to TA and have the fellowship. The directions were very specific about that. You should be able to change the start date of the fellowship with your Grants and Research office, however I do not know if USDA allows postponing the start date. I'm in the same boat as you - I have a TA position and if USDA hurries and announces the results I can back out for maybe 10 more days but soon I'll have to seriously commit for the semester. 

I haven't heard anything either. This forum is the only source of announcement that I know of. I was also wondering maybe they've announced it but we are the unlucky ones, but hopefully not!! If either of you hear anything please post - I need to know (good or bad) to calm my nerves.

You wouldn't be able to TA and have the fellowship. The directions were very specific about that. You should be able to change the start date of the fellowship with your Grants and Research office, however I do not know if USDA allows postponing the start date. I'm in the same boat as you - I have a TA position and if USDA hurries and announces the results I can back out for maybe 10 more days but soon I'll have to seriously commit for the semester. 

To be probably too honest, I check this thread multiple times a day, lol. So don't worry, as soon as I hear something you people will know! :P

Also still waiting to hear about the pre-doc.  You'd think they would have to allow you to postpone a semester with such a late announcement date.  Last year they announced in mid-July, which I thought was kind of late.

Also still waiting to hear about the pre-doc.  You'd think they would have to allow you to postpone a semester with such a late announcement date.  Last year they announced in mid-July, which I thought was kind of late.

I imagine that if they have taken this long to announce anything (assuming that is the case) then I feel they would have to allow people to postpone if they must. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

I have been reading all your posts every day for the past months. I sent a message to Dr. Ali (the guy in charge of the pre-doc applications) and he said results will be announced later August :(

Dangit! Well, at least that means they haven't announced them and we haven't been rejected yet.... :mellow:

I have been reading all your posts every day for the past months. I sent a message to Dr. Ali (the guy in charge of the pre-doc applications) and he said results will be announced later August :(

I hope today will be the day grad students get the announcement ... :/ 

Why today specifically? Other than you are tired of waiting, LOL :P

My online snooping indicates that at least some predoc and postdoc awards have been made. See this webpage, for example, congratulating a grad student on receiving a predoc fellowship grant on July 18.

https://pages.wustl.edu/jezlab/lab-news

I fear that at this point we may just be waiting to receive the review package and a thanks for applying message in late August.

Damn.

My online snooping indicates that at least some predoc and postdoc awards have been made. See this webpage, for example, congratulating a grad student on receiving a predoc fellowship grant on July 18.

I fear that at this point we may just be waiting to receive the review package and a thanks for applying message in late August.

Super bummed. I find it strange that all the grad students that are active on this forum were unlucky. 

Super bummed. I find it strange that all the grad students that are active on this forum were unlucky. 

There is only one post doc who got it from this forum and it was notified on July 30th :( Hopefully they make another round.