Fall 2015 Applicants

Accepted at UConn! Medical subfield. Over the moon! 

As a 'repeat offender' (nicely coined, Faulty) this means the world to me. Funding, etc. Nice emails from DGS + potential advisor. 

Hope this means lots of good news to come for everyone! 

Edited by NOWAYNOHOW

YEAH! I'm so glad we're all having a better year this time!

While we're all riding the (entirely deserved) high associated with offers of admission, I'm wondering if any of you are interested in meeting at the AAA conference in November (or at the conference in 2016).

I remember using this forum as a haven last year while I was waiting with bated breath to discover whether I would be able to quit my terrible job and return to university, but I stopped checking the site in the summer. I only returned after submitting my applications for PhD programs this year. My guess would be that many of us will do the same, and few of us will check the forums very often in the future. However, after going through the trials of admission season two years in a row with many of you, I think it would be amazing if we could organize something (coffee? a drink?) at the AAAs this year. After all, we're supposed to be building our academic networks, and since we've already started making connections here, we might as well work with what we have, right?

Feel free to reply here, or PM me if you want to exchange emails. I may also post a separate thread if there's interest here. I would love to have the chance to meet up with some of you, especially those of you (i.e. NOWAYNOHOW) who are med anthro students. :D

While we're all riding the (entirely deserved) high associated with offers of admission, I'm wondering if any of you are interested in meeting at the AAA conference in November (or at the conference in 2016).

I remember using this forum as a haven last year while I was waiting with bated breath to discover whether I would be able to quit my terrible job and return to university, but I stopped checking the site in the summer. I only returned after submitting my applications for PhD programs this year. My guess would be that many of us will do the same, and few of us will check the forums very often in the future. However, after going through the trials of admission season two years in a row with many of you, I think it would be amazing if we could organize something (coffee? a drink?) at the AAAs this year. After all, we're supposed to be building our academic networks, and since we've already started making connections here, we might as well work with what we have, right?

Feel free to reply here, or PM me if you want to exchange emails. I may also post a separate thread if there's interest here. I would love to have the chance to meet up with some of you, especially those of you (i.e. NOWAYNOHOW) who are med anthro students. :D

I'm new to posting and I hope to use other forums on this site in the future. I'm down for getting together at the November conference! It's a wonderful idea and I appreciate the invite!

Accepted at UConn! Medical subfield. Over the moon!

As a 'repeat offender' (nicely coined, Faulty) this means the world to me. Funding, etc. Nice emails from DGS + potential advisor.

Hope this means lots of good news to come for everyone!

Yes! YES! GET IT!!!!

This is the second day in a row I've woken up to an acceptance email...it's a nice change of pace from my typical routine of anxiously checking the results search and refreshing my inbox.  I think I can get used to this :P

I can NOT believe that some schools are taking so long this year. I thought the unwritten rule was that if you haven't heard by March, it's a no. But it looks like almost no one has heard from any of the schools I've applied to. Technically I haven't even heard from UMass itself, just my POI, and my online status still says "applied"! I know it's snowing on the East Coast but.....UNLV though? Really? Berkeley? I live next door and I'm in a sun dress, bro. Tick tock.

Guyssss, thank you so much! We are in this together. If anything, I am proof at least one program will eventually overlook what is arguably the lowest possible score a human can get on the math GRE. I want to write my high school math teacher a letter being like, HA, who needs pre-calculus now?! 

ANYWAY, the waiting continues (though a bit less agonizing): anyone want to claim the Penn and Rutgers results?

If anything, I am proof at least one program will eventually overlook what is arguably the lowest possible score a human can get on the math GRE.

Going by what I'm assuming is your entry on the results search, that math GRE isn't too bad for a non-math discipline.  I only scored 3 points higher than you and I have three acceptances so far...just goes to show that getting a 1 on the AP Calc exam doesn't mean you're totally hopeless!

edit: Yes I'm terrible at math, and yes I decided that taking AP Calc my senior year would be a good idea.  I made some bad choices in high school :rolleyes:

Edited by museum_geek

I can NOT believe that some schools are taking so long this year. I thought the unwritten rule was that if you haven't heard by March, it's a no. But it looks like almost no one has heard from any of the schools I've applied to. Technically I haven't even heard from UMass itself, just my POI, and my online status still says "applied"! I know it's snowing on the East Coast but.....UNLV though? Really? Berkeley? I live next door and I'm in a sun dress, bro. Tick tock.

Yeah I'm in the same boat. I've heard from schools in England and that's it. But they have rolling admissions so I heard back pretty early from them.

I'm dying waiting to hear back from UMass too...SPIRE is still showing applied for me as well. At least your POI was nice enough to notify you unofficially. I really hope it's early next week or I'm going to start developing an ulcer!

Going by what I'm assuming is your entry on the results search, that math GRE isn't too bad for a non-math discipline.  I only scored 3 points higher than you and I have three acceptances so far...just goes to show that getting a 1 on the AP Calc exam doesn't mean you're totally hopeless!

edit: Yes I'm terrible at math, and yes I decided that taking AP Calc my senior year would be a good idea.  I made some bad choices in high school :rolleyes:

I think it's just the percentiles! My score put me at like 28% which does not seem like a good number to have. It's all nonsense. 

I can claim a Rutgers waitlist. Here's to hoping!

Did you have an interview? Good luck and congrats! 

Wow, I've just been out for a couple days, and I see acceptances went viral!!!!  :D  :D  :D

Congratulations you all!

NOWAYNOHOW, I only started commenting a couple of weeks ago, but your blog is an inspiration! So happy for you! <3

I keep hearing radio silence from Michigan (Anth & Hist), Harvard, Duke, Columbia and Stanford. NOTHING! I just want to know and go on with my lifeeeee

Does anyone knows ANYTHING about these schools?

Ximenka Harvard have made their offers so you will either be waitlisted or rejected :-(. Don't know about the others.

Well, I didn't even had an interview, so I guess that's a no.

Thank you anyway! It's better to know  :)

Congrats NOWAYNOHOW! SUPERRR happy for you! I remember you from last year and it seems that this 2nd round was your lucky one! Also, you and I could compete on that lowest score contest.....but the sad thing is that i actually killed it in AP Calculus :(...if i write that teacher an email, she will shoot herself.