Pre SLP--deciding between La Salle and Northwestern for Pre SLP post bacc

Hi all.  Anyone familiar with LaSalle or Northwestern's programs for Pre SLP.  LaSalle is a 10 course/27 credit online program that takes 18-24 months to complete.  Northwestern's program is only 5 courses.  Anyone take PreSLP courses with either program?  What was your experience like?  Should I go for the program that has more courses or less?  Mind you, I'm 36 y/o and I need to get a move on!

I'd be wary of Northwestern for two reasons:

1. Most schools need more than 5 pre-reqs.  Look at the schools you would like to go to for grad school and see what they require.  Chances are that they will need more classes than Northwestern offers and you'll end up having to take the extra courses anyway.

2. Have you SEEN Northwestern's tuition?  Yowza!  I wouldn't pay that much $$ for pre-req classes.

I'm a HUGE cheerleader for Utah State University.  I'm a career changer and was able to complete the 10 pre-req courses I needed in only three semesters (fall 2013, spring 2014, summer 2014).  It's all online and tuition is affordable.  Let me know if you have questions about their program. :)

Good luck!

I did USU along with sayjo! I was debating between a local school (University of Akron) and USU's courses, and because I needed to have a job, USU was what I chose! It was also about $10,000 cheaper (for real) to do it online through USU! I couldn't have been more happy with a program. I finished all of my prereqs in three semesters as well, aside from one that I am taking during my first semester at MWU through USU. 

You may even qualify for financial aid if you pursue their 2nd bachelors program, which can also be done in 3-4 semesters! :) 

I'd be wary of Northwestern for two reasons:

1. Most schools need more than 5 pre-reqs.  Look at the schools you would like to go to for grad school and see what they require.  Chances are that they will need more classes than Northwestern offers and you'll end up having to take the extra courses anyway.

2. Have you SEEN Northwestern's tuition?  Yowza!  I wouldn't pay that much $$ for pre-req classes.

I'm a HUGE cheerleader for Utah State University.  I'm a career changer and was able to complete the 10 pre-req courses I needed in only three semesters (fall 2013, spring 2014, summer 2014).  It's all online and tuition is affordable.  Let me know if you have questions about their program. :)

Good luck!

Thank you so much for your input.  I am looking up USU immediately.  You are right in that most programs are looking for more than 5 pre req courses.  I've only seen one program so far that isn't.

I did USU along with sayjo! I was debating between a local school (University of Akron) and USU's courses, and because I needed to have a job, USU was what I chose! It was also about $10,000 cheaper (for real) to do it online through USU! I couldn't have been more happy with a program. I finished all of my prereqs in three semesters as well, aside from one that I am taking during my first semester at MWU through USU. 

You may even qualify for financial aid if you pursue their 2nd bachelors program, which can also be done in 3-4 semesters! :)

Thanks for your info!  Are you enjoying Midwestern St?  Did you go in for an interview before being accepted?

Thanks for your info!  Are you enjoying Midwestern St?  Did you go in for an interview before being accepted?

No problem! Well, I'll be attending Midwestern University in Chicago, not Midwestern State, but I haven't started yet! I'll be starting late August. I did do an interview on campus before being accepted. I fell in love with the campus at the interview and am so excited for this opportunity! :)

No problem! Well, I'll be attending Midwestern University in Chicago, not Midwestern State, but I haven't started yet! I'll be starting late August. I did do an interview on campus before being accepted. I fell in love with the campus at the interview and am so excited for this opportunity! :)

Don't know why I wrote State.  Must have been thinking about Utah State.  Congrats and best of luck down the road!!

• 3 weeks later...