Universities with Decent Book Arts Programs?

kaflake

I've been doing a little research about printmaking programs that also have decent book arts programs or a press associated with the school and I've got a couple, but I was wondering if there are some other schools that I'm just missing out on.

Any ideas? I really want a school that has a developed printmaking program.

UT knoxville

Arizona

Alabama (a very intense program)

Columbia

UGA ( went there for undergrad)

Oregon College of art and Craft

Iowa

• 2 weeks later...

I'm definitely thinking about them. I'm a little hesitant about the program though because... it's cold there! I'm from the south I like it warm. That's not my biggest worry though I went Southern Graphics Convention there in 2013 and didn't really like the facilites. In general I wasn't too impressed but really what kind of impression can i get of place if there thousands of people running around the campus? So maybe. It's definitely worth a look.

I heard UC Santa Barbara was not so great, honestly. I knew someone who visited who realized it's a huge party school. She ended up at University of the Arts and was really happy. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

The University of Utah in Salt Lake City is good for this. They have the largest collection of type west of the missisippi, and presses for every printmaking process. I went there for my undergrad.

They're not particularly known for giving out funding, but they do help with it by having you teach to pay.