2015 Applicant Profiles and Admissions Results

Dedi

So after doing the interview weekends, I have sent thank you note to the different interviewers and others that I have met.  I try to personalize each one, in hopes that it doesn't look as if I am using a template.  Anyway, when they email back it's a really short message.  Should I be concerned? 

I am. Even though I'm applying next cycle I can't wait to leave my current job. Why i signed a multi-year contract I don't know. How did you like Vanderbilt IGP? I've been thinking of applying there next cycle.

ilovelab - I sent you a private message.  :)

So after doing the interview weekends, I have sent thank you note to the different interviewers and others that I have met.  I try to personalize each one, in hopes that it doesn't look as if I am using a template.  Anyway, when they email back it's a really short message.  Should I be concerned? 

They're busy people -- I didn't get responses from everyone I emailed. A short reply sounds like they want you to know that they did read your email.

If they are anything like my PIs, you're lucky you even got a return e-mail. They each get a thousand or so e-mails a week. 

Some of the PI's I've emailed have gotten back to me, some haven't. I don't think it has anything to do with standing in the program as Pastel said. It's just how available they are. 

First acceptance! AHHHH THIS IS ACTUALLY HAPPENING!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/karen-zgoda/graduate-student-barbie_b_4184482.html

Congrats!!! The first one is always the best one :)

and that post was hilarious!!!  

Just got an email from a school saying that they have made their admissions decisions and want to talk to me on the phone tomorrow to discuss the decision. I can't decide whether they are calling to reject me or to accept me...?

I can't imagine there would be much to discuss about a rejection... My guess would be an admit or a wait list, but who knows.

Just got an email from a school saying that they have made their admissions decisions and want to talk to me on the phone tomorrow to discuss the decision. I can't decide whether they are calling to reject me or to accept me...?

Let us know how it goes! I just got accepted there and they didn't tell me they were going to call beforehand - perhaps they notify people differently in the neuroscience program?