Which Pre SLP classes should I register for first?

If you could suggest 2 or 3 Pre SLP classes that I should take first, which would you recommend?  For instance, should I take Phonetics, Anatomy, and Normal Speech/Language Development first and at the same time?  Are there any courses you recommend taking together or definitely not together?  Which classes have you found are the most challenging and/or time consuming?  Any information regarding difficulty, time consumption, etc. would be really helpful!

Classes vary so much from one school to another - a class that's easy at one school might be difficult at another.  Therefore, it might be difficult for people to tell you what courses will be challenging at your particular school.  That said, those courses sound like a good combination of classes to take first. :)

I know in another post you mentioned you were taking courses online.  Are you taking them via Utah State, perhaps?  If you are, there's a really great Facebook group you can join.  The group members are nice and very helpful when it comes to answering questions like this.

I agree with the above poster that you should check with people at your university to see what would be best. At my school we were required to take intro to communication disorders, phonetics, speech & language development and anatomy as the pre-req's before moving on to other courses. These 4 courses are basically the foundation classes for the other courses to come like neuro, aural rehab, speech science, etc... Undergrads were not allowed to take more than 1 comd course per semester until these 4 courses were completed.

I agree with the above poster that you should check with people at your university to see what would be best. At my school we were required to take intro to communication disorders, phonetics, speech & language development and anatomy as the pre-req's before moving on to other courses. These 4 courses are basically the foundation classes for the other courses to come like neuro, aural rehab, speech science, etc... Undergrads were not allowed to take more than 1 comd course per semester until these 4 courses were completed.

Thanks for your input!

Classes vary so much from one school to another - a class that's easy at one school might be difficult at another.  Therefore, it might be difficult for people to tell you what courses will be challenging at your particular school.  That said, those courses sound like a good combination of classes to take first. :)

I know in another post you mentioned you were taking courses online.  Are you taking them via Utah State, perhaps?  If you are, there's a really great Facebook group you can join.  The group members are nice and very helpful when it comes to answering questions like this.

Yes, I'll be starting classes online this Fall.  Don't know yet where.  Deciding between LaSalle, Northwestern, Eastern New Mexico, Utah State and University of Wisconsin Eau Claire.  Thanks also for your input!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,  I read somewhere here you applied at USU. I'm interested in applying for USU's 2nd Degree program and I noticed their application requirements do not mention transcripts or rec. letters. Is this true? What was the application process like for you?

Hi,  I read somewhere here you applied at USU. I'm interested in applying for USU's 2nd Degree program and I noticed their application requirements do not mention transcripts or rec. letters. Is this true? What was the application process like for you?

Yes, I did the USU online program.  I applied for the 2nd Bachelors - however, I didn't finish the program because the grad school I was accepted at did not require all the courses from USU.  I ended up taking only 10 USU courses instead of 12 (required for the degree).

I remember the application process as being very simple and I've never heard of anyone NOT getting accepted.  I know I didn't need to submit any letters of recommendation.  I can't remember if I needed to submit transcripts or not, although I'm assuming if you're doing your 2nd Bachelors, USU would need proof that you completed your first Bachelors degree already.  

Hopefully that's somewhat helpful.  Let me know if you have any other questions!  I think USU is a great program and I've learned a lot.  If you do end up attending, there's a Facebook group for COMD students here, which I've found to be very informative.