how old are you?

ramamama

• 3 months later...

i'm 22. graduated from undergrad in the spring of 2011 and looking to pursue a master's in dynamic media and communication design. interesting mix of ages and experiences here!

Edited by kekbatter

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

23. Finished college and took a gap year (in Disney's entertainment department...).

Off to a MA which should be done by the time I'm 25.

And PhD hoping I'll be 29 by the time that is said and done.

• 2 weeks later...

43. Dropped out of UCSD at 23, returned at 40 after working in everything from food service, custom cabinetry, failing as a "pro" photographer, slaving away in $%*hole companies doing (really bad) graphic design, then moving all the way up to become an award winning film editor and art director working on tv commercials in LA with some good friends.

Now, going to UCLA for my MFA in Fall 2012...you can rock and roll at any age :)

Best of luck to all in your future endeavors.

Went into my current Masters at 22 after working for a year (here the average University bachelors is three years, not four). This other girl and I are by far the youngest in our programme...everyone else is in the mid 30s or older, with children and tons more work experience. We all got on really well though, even though there was a little teasing as far as the age thing went. I actually think that this environment was very refreshing, because being around people who were more mature and focused was very beneficial for me.

Anyhoo, I will hand in this thesis a few days b4 my 24th bday, and will be going into another two-year Masters programme a few weeks after. I'll do my PhD right after hopefully so I guess I'll be 30-32 when I'm done with everything. If things go SUPER well that is...

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I turn 30 next week and hope to enter a program thIs fall. Took 4 years off between undergrad and masters to live and work in Japan, got my masters at age 28 and have been working as an adjunct the past couple years.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

30. Applying for MFA ... will be 31 at earliest start. 8+ years proffesional experience post undergrad. I'm hoping at least a few of my peer MFAs are of similar age and circumstance (married with children). 

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

31, currently. Would be 32 if I start in Fall of 2016. Possibly 33 if I don't get in and reapply next year for Fall of 2017. It's been six years since I graduated from my MA program, 9 years since I graduated from undergrad.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

I am 24. I finished my undergrad last week. However, I live in Quebec and have done a professional pre-university program prior to my bachelor's degree. It was in the same field and I did have work opportunities at the same time. I am starting my masters' next fall.

I just turned 23--I finished undergrad almost exactly 1 year ago and will start a PhD program this fall. Grad school rocks because you can start at pretty much any age, and personally I think it's never too late to pursue something you love. Awesome to see people of many ages continuing to learn :) 

6 hours ago, hantoo said:

I just turned 23--I finished undergrad almost exactly 1 year ago and will start a PhD program this fall. Grad school rocks because you can start at pretty much any age, and personally I think it's never too late to pursue something you love. Awesome to see people of many ages continuing to learn :) 

I totally agree. :)