Redlands

stvspeech8 and slpPLS, will you wait until the April 15 deadline to decline or do plan to decline right away?

I will decline tomorrow! Are you waitlisted and hoping to get in or also declining?

Edited by stvspeech8

I wonder if they will wait until the April 15 deadline to start notifying those who are waitlisted, even if people decline before then....

stvspeech8 and slpPLS, will you wait until the April 15 deadline to decline or do plan to decline right away?

I declined today. Good luck! :)

I wonder if they will wait until the April 15 deadline to start notifying those who are waitlisted, even if people decline before then....

Hopefully not! I would think that as soon as people decline, they would try to fill spots so that they can have a set class/cohort that they can deal with as soon as possible. I think they would be afraid that the longer it drags out, waitlisted students will have accepted elsewhere and they will has to keep moving down the list which could move into summer. Imo they would try to avoid that as much as possible by trying to fill slots quickly. I'm pretty sure for LB they sent out acceptances and when they declined they invited more ppl for interviews immediately to try and fill the slots. Just my edumacated guessing but who knows!

Hopefully not! I would think that as soon as people decline, they would try to fill spots so that they can have a set class/cohort that they can deal with as soon as possible. I think they would be afraid that the longer it drags out, waitlisted students will have accepted elsewhere and they will has to keep moving down the list which could move into summer. Imo they would try to avoid that as much as possible by trying to fill slots quickly. I'm pretty sure for LB they sent out acceptances and when they declined they invited more ppl for interviews immediately to try and fill the slots. Just my edumacated guessing but who knows!

I hope you're right! I wish they would at least break the waitlist into 2 tiers & let people know whether they are top or bottom tier. I emailed them on Monday & they would not tell me anything about my position on the list.

I hope you're right! I wish they would at least break the waitlist into 2 tiers & let people know whether they are top or bottom tier. I emailed them on Monday & they would not tell me anything about my position on the list.

Lamee I don't know what the big deal is about telling you. What's the big secret

Also wondering if anyone on the waitlist has heard anything. Last year, not a single waitlisted person posted on the results page that they were admitted. It's weird. None so far this year either. I know not everyone who applied is on gradcafe, but it's making me nervous!  :unsure:  

I would imagine that they wouldn't start taking people off of the waitlist until after the April 15th deadline, but I could be wrong. Good luck to you!! 

Does anyone know where most grad students live? I don't want to live right next to campus b/c I like my quiet and don't want to be by the rowdy undergrads  :P so any tips would be appreciated. 

I'm new to this thread, but I thought I'd jump in! 

I applied to Redlands last year as a 3-year student and got wait-listed. They also would not tell me my rank on the list when I asked, but when they opened up the wait list I didn't get in. From stats that I looked at on ASHA, they accepted about 65 students last year hoping that the class size would be between 20-25 students. So I think they hope that at least some of those people will accept, which makes sense why they don't make it very far down the wait list!

Anyway, I ended up doing a post-bacc (4.0 GPA) this year and got in! I also got into the University of Houston and wait-listed at Portland State (tier one). I will most likely accept my offer at Redlands, because I am from California. I would also like to get into Portland State, though!

Thanks for the input, Angie! I'll take any info I can get!

When I looked at the stats on ASHA, I assumed the 65 number was the number or total offers that they made, including offers to people on the waitlist. If that's true, I think that means they made offers to about 40 waitlisted people. That sounds like good odds to me, but maybe I'm just being overly optimistic!

I'm new to this thread, but I thought I'd jump in! 

I applied to Redlands last year as a 3-year student and got wait-listed. They also would not tell me my rank on the list when I asked, but when they opened up the wait list I didn't get in. From stats that I looked at on ASHA, they accepted about 65 students last year hoping that the class size would be between 20-25 students. So I think they hope that at least some of those people will accept, which makes sense why they don't make it very far down the wait list!

Anyway, I ended up doing a post-bacc (4.0 GPA) this year and got in! I also got into the University of Houston and wait-listed at Portland State (tier one). I will most likely accept my offer at Redlands, because I am from California. I would also like to get into Portland State, though!

Hey Angie!

I'm in the same boat as you... Accepted at Redlands (CA resident) and top tier waitlisted at PSU. I decided to go ahead and hold my spot at Redlands but I'm still waiting to hear from PSU because that's my top choice. It's frustrating haha! Either way, wondering if you're looking for a roommate? I'm about 2 hrs from campus at Redlands and I am looking to move close to the university. Let me know! (:

Has anyone heard anything about the wait list? I haven't heard of a single person from the wait list being contacted yet, but it seems crazy to me that they would not have started pulling from the list yet....

I think it just depends on how many acceptances they originally sent out. Most schools will send out something like 60 acceptances to fill 30 spots b/c they know not everyone is going to commit to their school.

Yay!! I'm excited to see some prospective Redlands students. I was beginning to think I was one of the very few on this site!

I have a few schools I'm waiting to hear from as well regarding waitlists, but who knows if anything will come of those? Haha Congrats on the Portland state waitlists...the competition there this year was crazy!!

Btw, I just visited redlands last weekend and the campus is gorgeous. I'm also from California, but live about 90 miles from campus so I'll definitely need to relocate as well. I don't know a ton about the area, but I've started to research safe and friendly apartment buildings if you guys need any input.

Thanks, Holly! I feel like every program is competitive in our field, so it's a big accomplishment for all of us!

It's been over a year since I last visited the campus, but it is def beautiful! 

Hey Angie!

I'm in the same boat as you... Accepted at Redlands (CA resident) and top tier waitlisted at PSU. I decided to go ahead and hold my spot at Redlands but I'm still waiting to hear from PSU because that's my top choice. It's frustrating haha! Either way, wondering if you're looking for a roommate? I'm about 2 hrs from campus at Redlands and I am looking to move close to the university. Let me know! (:

Mel, that's awesome! If you don't mind me asking...what is it that makes PSU your top choice vs. Redlands? I'm just curious as to what your thought process has been, because I have been torn between the two (especially if I end up getting into PSU). The reason I'm leaning more toward Redlands is that they a great prof for aural (re)hab, which is what I am most interested in at this point. 

As far as getting a roommate, I am undecided as of right now...I would def want my own room though! There's one complex in particular that I'm interested in called Del Flora Apartments! It's very nicely updated!

I got accepted off the wait list, so it looks l will be attending Redlands this fall! Has anyone started a facebook group yet!?

I don't think there is a FB group yet...but we can all add each other on FB for now! Or if someone knows how and wants to make one, that would be awesome!!