Evaluate profile for phd in atmospheric sciences/ Remote sensing

sam0922

hey every body,

I have done Btech in Biotech (9.86) then Mtech in Environmental engineering from renowned college (7.7) with MHRD scholarshp currently i am working as environmental engineern in Cement company. I did my summer project from ISRO Remote sensing centre and from then i grew interest in remote sensing. I completed my dissertation on estimation of PM in air using remote sensing and GIS.

But my Gre is very low 299 (v-144, Quants- 155), Toefl also low 82. Please suggest me some good universities where i can get admit with funding . I am an international student so funding matters a lot.

Edited by sam0922

Most good programs won't accept a student without funding; You are going to need to make a compelling case in your statement of purpose/ LOR with such a low GRE. Furthermore, its a bit weird that your GPA went down significantly in your masters program, but that might be a symptom of going to non-American universities: in the US, graduate level classes tend to be easier than undergraduate classes because the grading is more lenient. 

What is your math level? Atmospheric Sciences like taking people who have Calc 1-3 + ODE + PDE + Linear Alegebra, and also tend to like students who have good programing skills.

Its hard to suggest you a school without knowing what your research interests are: Atmospheric Sciences and Remote sensing is very broad. 

I am not sure you can get funding at any place with that GRE. You really need to get higher scores, around 310, especially since you are an international student. 

I'm really curious how your research turned out since I would imagine trying to calculate PM levels with remote sensing is incredibly difficult due to cloud interference and such.

Anyway, ditto what Geodude said. Your scores just aren't competitive especially for funding.