Sending 5+ year old GRE & TOEFL Scores to universities ?

ahmadka

Hi guys .. I wanted to ask if it's normally okay with universities accepting GRE and TOEFL scores older than 5 years ..

I took both GRE and TOEFL 6 years ago, and earned good scores in both: GRE Quant: 780/800, GRE Verbal: 520/800, TOEFL: 111/120

I know some universities accept older scores, but I want to know if they're generally accepted or not ..

I would really like to just submit the same scores again unofficially if I can .. It will lower my workload significantly :P

Hi guys .. I wanted to ask if it's normally okay with universities accepting GRE and TOEFL scores older than 5 years ..

I took both GRE and TOEFL 6 years ago, and earned good scores in both: GRE Quant: 780/800, GRE Verbal: 520/800, TOEFL: 111/120

I know some universities accept older scores, but I want to know if they're generally accepted or not ..

I would really like to just submit the same scores again unofficially if I can .. It will lower my workload significantly :P

FYI GRE scores are only good for 5 years.  There are no exceptions to this rule.

FYI GRE scores are only good for 5 years.  There are no exceptions to this rule.

I know about that. I'm just asking if universities can accept scores directly from me. I can send them a scanned copy of my scores.

For example, UWashington has mentioned in its FAQ that they do accept scores older than 5 years. They just need to be scanned and sent by me instead of sending them through ETS.

Also, I already did a degree Georgia Tech before so they said I don't have to do GRE again as they'll just re-use the scores I had sent them 5-6 years ago.

So I'm just asking if its fairly common for universities to accept unofficial 5+ years old GRE scores or not.

I just want to note that TOEFL score expires after 2 years, not 5. Although if you get your undergrad/Master's degree in an English-speaking country or with English as the main language of instruction, you can probably get it waived.