Moving to the States

I'm moving back to the states (U.S. Citizen) and I was wondering whether I need to make a manifest list of all my items again even though most of them came with me to Canada a year ago and my list of Canadian items is under the 800 dollar for duty exemption and 48 hour rule. 

I'm guessing I do but I'd thought I'd ask?

Do it. The last thing you want is for the customs people to go through your truck/car, which you have carefully loaded with all your stuff. Better to be able to give them a list and describe what's in there. Unless something seems off, most likely they will just look at the list and your description and let you go. (And besides, making an inventory by box will help you find stuff after you move, which is helpful regardless of customs.)

• 2 weeks later...

Update: I made my manifest list and printed it out twice and they didn't even ask me any questions besides where I was coming from and where I was going. I even specified that I was a student moving back and they didn't even ask for it. 

but that's Murphy's law I guess. 

I lived in Canada for over a decade when I came back stateside all they did was flip through my passport.  I was terrified that I was going to be harassed and detained for having all kinds of pinko propaganda with me.  It didnt happen and the whole process was painless.  I do miss poutine and toques though.