Tuition Reimbursement?

Hello everyone!

I just have a quick question about tuition reimbursement. I know that there are companies out there that offer some type of tuition reimbursement for their employees in school. Does anyone know if there are any hospitals across the country, California included, that provides this type of financial assistance?

Thank you!

Hi there,

I know there are a few hospitals around Boston that offer tuition reimbursement for courses that could lead to a degree relevant to a potentially obtainable hospital job. It doesn't count for things like GRE prep courses, but SLP pre-recs count.  I took advantage of tuition assistance by working as a research assistant at Boston Children's Hospital.  As long as I worked at BCH full-time I could get up to $5,000 in reimbursements for books + tuition, and if you were there part-time you could get up to $2,500.  The only issue was that you had to pay the costs up front and could only get reimbursed at the end of the semester if you got a B or better in the class and remained an employee there for the entire length of the course.  The $5,000 was the allowance for the year so some of the more expensive (i.e., in-person classes) probably would have put me over the reimbursement limit, but through USU it was always pretty cheap so I was able to have all of my classes paid for.  It's a great deal if you can find it!  Sorry I don't know more about the hospitals in California though.

• 1 month later...

I am in NY. I work in a hospital and I get $2500 yearly. However, RN's get $5000. You must get a B or higher in the course to be granted tuition reimbursement or in some cases you get a tuition voucher beforehand. When your grades come in, if they are not a B or higher you must give back the hospital the tuition money they put out through the voucher. 

Edited by Arcanelady27