Question about reapplications

morphology

I'm asking for a friend, but:

My friend is trying to decide if she wants to go for a job after her Bachelors in Engineering or if she wants to apply to a MSc (or MEng) program. She prefers to go to a top program in the Northeast, but she's not sure about her admissions prospects (her GPA is in the lower range for the accepted applicants of the programs she is looking at). She does have a good chance of getting a job straight out of college, so her alternative option is to work at this job for 1-2 years before going back to school, although she'd much prefer that she just continue on to grad school without entering the workforce for a year or so. 

Her question is: if she applies to her reach programs this cycle and doesn't get in, and then chooses to reapply to the same programs after getting a year or two of work experience, would the fact that she is a reapplicant be held against her or cause her application to be looked at differently in any way? She's not interested in pursuing a PhD, she just wants a MSc or MEng.

Thanks!

I would guess that the sake of reapplication itself would have no impact, however, if she reapplied with no additional items to her application such as experience or whatever it would likely yield a similar result as original.  I doubt an application committee would barely realize it was a reapplicant unless it was noted somewhere by her and even if they did it wouldn't be looked at negatively.  

Reapplying only looks poorly on the candidate if the candidate/application has not changed since the original application.  If she does get rejected, it is important that she does her best at her job to gain experience and get better recommendation letters, perhaps even a better SoP topic.  That time should also allow her to possibly get a higher GRE score than the original.