SOP swap

smg

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If you PM it to me I'll take a look but I know diddly squat about the Mayans and haven't done any physical anthropology or archaeology in about a decade.  

hello guys! super thanks to you for opening this SOP swap thing- otherwise i had to :D . I am in. how do we swap? Do you guys want to post it here or privately msg it? 

I have a dilemma- when writing in your SOP , did you end up repeating the info from your CV ?  I feel like in the part where i explain my experiences I am repeating and wasting space. I have so far just written down the most recent and relevant, and am leaving everything else out. what are your thoughts ? 

Okay, i have an SOP to swap. Socio-cultural. Anyone interested, or if you want to just look at mine and comment - thats also fine. I just cant look at mine anymore and i know it needs proofing.

Okay, i have an SOP to swap. Socio-cultural. Anyone interested, or if you want to just look at mine and comment - thats also fine. I just cant look at mine anymore and i know it needs proofing.

Okay fasboo, i am in, lets swap. Send send it to me via msg

found this, thought you all might be interested in their guide to the personal statement..

http://stepbymiserablestep.files.wordpress.com/2013/11/applying-to-phd-programs-after-maps2012.pdf

This is actually great advice, but it is also making me LOL a bit -- "No more than a sentence should be devoted to your undergraduate career...You are a Chicago graduate now" and "We will not jeopardize the the cachet MAPSS has achieved with the major social science doctoral programs across the country by appearing to support half-baked applications" and "This is, after all, Chicago."

giphy.gif

This is actually great advice, but it is also making me LOL a bit -- "No more than a sentence should be devoted to your undergraduate career...You are a Chicago graduate now" and "We will not jeopardize the the cachet MAPSS has achieved with the major social science doctoral programs across the country by appearing to support half-baked applications" and "This is, after all, Chicago."

I agree!  Generally good advice, but confirmed my decision that Chicago would not be a good place for me.