Should I retake the GRE?

NeuroBatman

I just took the GRE and got a 165V(95th %) and a 152Q(48%). I'm wondering if I should retake it due to the low Quant score. I'm planning to apply to clinical psychology PhD programs. I'm a Neuroscience/Psychology double major with a 4.0 GPA, close relationships with professors and significant research experience. I've taken a ton of natural science (biology/chem) courses and have thrived. I don't feel like the GRE accurately reflects my mathematical acumen. I got nearly 100% in stats and solid A's in Gen Chem 1 and 2; however, I was one of those kids who thought that high school was boring and didn't try, so I failed to learn foundational algebra and geometry (I got C's and D's) . . . not to mention the fact that it's been 15 years since I've taken those classes. Will I automatically be tossed out due to that score, or will schools look at my profile holistically? Would it help me to take college algebra in the Spring and then take the GRE immediately afterwards?  I feel like I do well in math when it has a pragmatic application. Any help would be greatly appreciated. That score was a real kick to the gut. My verbal went up five points from the practice tests and my quant went down five points. Ugh . . .

I will tell you what I tell all of our applicants. The GRE is only a small part of what we look at when making admission decisions. A better GRE score will obviously be beneficial but your grades in relevant coursework and letters of recommendation from professors in your field are more important.

Hopefully someone in your field will be able to offer a more definitive answer. 

Thank you so much for your advice.  I've read on a number of forums that the cutoff used to be around 1200 (comprehensive score in the old system).  My score is equivalent to 1350 in the old scoring system.  Do admissions committees look more at the scores individually or comprehensively?