IOE mixed ed/int'l dev degrees?

chelaylay

I'm looking at the IOE's Education and Int'l Dev masters as well as their Educational Planning, Economics, and International Development masters, and Economics and Education MA (leaning towards the second or third). I'm throwing in applying to this and maybe another UK degree in part because I want to have a financially reasonable option; but in the US I'm looking at two year MPP or int'l affairs programs which have more depth on econ (with the exception of the Econ and Ed MA) and breadth in curriculum.

I know the IOE has a great reputation in education generally, but I wonder how a degree there would compare to an ed policy degree in the US? I'm a bit worried that I won't have the access to courses and professors that are as strong on econ or ID as they are on education - from looking at course instructors they look strong though. I also can't get a good sense of how strong the alumni network is or how helpful their career services office is, which I think is important since it's likely I'd leave London once I finished the degree. Just wondering if there's anyone out there with more insight on these programs or maybe studied there previously and can shed some light.