Fall 2015 Applicants

Hello, 

I applied to CSULA and was accepted. The deadline they gave me to accept/decline is on 4/6 and I'm going to turn it down.  My concentration in aging population. I hope this helps those on the wait list. 

Good Luck! 

I was accepted to University of Chicago on Friday! I was notified of application status change via email, and I sent my application in on Jan 15. 

Hi, hello! Been lurking for months but I'm going out of my mind trying to figure this all out. I'm living in the UK 'til autumn, and finally heard from my housemate that my acceptance to CSU-San Bernardino came! (I applied for their three-year online program. Anyone else apply, or have experience there? I've turned up next to nothing but really like that they don't force the micro/macro choice and I get til year three to choose my specialization).

Problem is, I need to let them know by 4/23, and I've yet to hear back from CSU-East Bay or CSU-Northridge yet. I'm not banking on acceptances, but I do hate making a decision before I have all my answers. If anyone's in a similar boat, or has any insight, I'd really appreciate it! Congrats to everyone who's been accepted, and all my empathy to those who are still sorting it out!

It's late in the game, so I'm not sure how many people are still active in this thread, but I'll be putting down my deposit at University of Denver tomorrow.

I'm waiting until the last minute because I still STILL haven't gotten an official answer from Portland State. The disorganization at that program is enough to make me not want to go there, even if I were to get accepted. They said they'd potentially have a decision for me by April 1. Contacted them then, no response. Then a week later, I called about five times before someone picked up. She didn't have an official answer, but after looking at my file said it looked like I probably wasn't going to be accepted to the program. Apparently my 28 months of full time experience doesn't match what they calculate as two plus years of full time experience. THEN two days later, I got an e-mail from financial aid at PSU saying I wasn't awarded any scholarships, it was a competitive year, blah blah blah, but here's the link to check out your financial aid offers. The next day I get another e-mail from financial aid that says "oops, we sent that in error." And here we are, April 13, with no official decision. So I'm acting under the presumption that I'm not getting in. It's been a stressful and disappointing week. I'm an Oregon resident, and my partner lives in Portland, so an acceptance there would have been really great for both of us.

Thankfully DU gave me a great scholarship, Denver is my home-town so I have lots of friends and family there, and their program actually matches my needs and career development goals the best of all the schools I applied to. Wishing all of you luck in making your final decisions!

Wildernessgirl, did you hear back from U of Montana.

Did anyone receive in-state tuition of receive funding to UNC? Sadly, I had to turn down the offer.

Yeah, I got into their program. I initially accepted because they wanted an answer by March 23, but ended up rescinding my acceptance for Denver. It was a better program and location for me and my partner both personally and professionally.

Wildernessgirl, did you hear back from U of Montana.

Did anyone receive in-state tuition of receive funding to UNC? Sadly, I had to turn down the offer.

Did you do something to earn the in state tuition/funding? I ask because I want to apply for next fall and will most likely be looking at out of state tuition!

Has anyone heard back from csudh?

I turned in my application back in February. On April 3rd, I received an email stating they have received my application. I have not heard anything since then. Have you received any emails or anything?

It's late in the game, so I'm not sure how many people are still active in this thread, but I'll be putting down my deposit at University of Denver tomorrow.

I'm waiting until the last minute because I still STILL haven't gotten an official answer from Portland State. The disorganization at that program is enough to make me not want to go there, even if I were to get accepted. They said they'd potentially have a decision for me by April 1. Contacted them then, no response. Then a week later, I called about five times before someone picked up. She didn't have an official answer, but after looking at my file said it looked like I probably wasn't going to be accepted to the program. Apparently my 28 months of full time experience doesn't match what they calculate as two plus years of full time experience. THEN two days later, I got an e-mail from financial aid at PSU saying I wasn't awarded any scholarships, it was a competitive year, blah blah blah, but here's the link to check out your financial aid offers. The next day I get another e-mail from financial aid that says "oops, we sent that in error." And here we are, April 13, with no official decision. So I'm acting under the presumption that I'm not getting in. It's been a stressful and disappointing week. I'm an Oregon resident, and my partner lives in Portland, so an acceptance there would have been really great for both of us.

Thankfully DU gave me a great scholarship, Denver is my home-town so I have lots of friends and family there, and their program actually matches my needs and career development goals the best of all the schools I applied to. Wishing all of you luck in making your final decisions!

I heard back from PSU after a much too long awaited wait. I said yes to SDSU first more as a safety because it was the second school I heard from but Portland was my top choice. I definitely agree with you that they seem disorganized and I hear great and not so great things about their program. All-in-all, because they waited so long to come out with a decision, and the disorganization I felt their program had, I decided to decline their offer and stick with SDSU. Good luck to those who are still waiting it out.

Has anyone else either got accepted to Rutgers New Brunswick, or Boston University for the MSW program starting in the fall? Right now, I am leaning towards BU, but am hoping to meet other people who will be in either of these cohorts! :)

Was accepted to Catholic University of America on the 19th and now to Case Western Reserve University's MSSA program today.....

:D  :D  :D  :D  :D Wooot!

• 2 weeks later...

Hadn't heard back from CSUDH. But congrats to you!!

Thank you. Congrats to you as well with CSUN & CSULA!!!

Welp, after agonizing over it, I have to turn down my #1 school... Case (which is #9 in MSW programs in the nation) due to funding. They only gave me 25% off tuition which would cover only my first year....gah, back to public school I go! I am just thankful that I have been accepted into a MSW program PERIOD :D

Edited by nicoleraychelle