Fall 2015 Applicants

Hey Everyone,

All my applications are in. Did most for the early decision deadline. I only applied to 7 programs. UW, PSU, SJSU, CSU Long Beach, CSULA, USC, San Diego State. These next 4 to 5 months are definitely going to be a brutal wait. No clue where I'm going to wind up but excited about it. 

Good luck everyone

Hey. I am also applying to CSU long beach, SJSU, and San Diego State

Hey. I am also applying to CSU long beach, SJSU, and San Diego State

Do you have a top choice? I found it hard to really find a complete top choice and working on the SOP's evolving around the concentration I'm interested in didn't help. Anywhere in Cali would be okay because I'm from NorCal, but really open to leaving the state.

Do you have a top choice? I found it hard to really find a complete top choice and working on the SOP's evolving around the concentration I'm interested in didn't help. Anywhere in Cali would be okay because I'm from NorCal, but really open to leaving the state.

Im from Nor cal as well. I went to SDSU in undergrad and moved back to the bay. I really like San Diego, so SDSU is my top choice just because of the area, and i know the professors were really great. The only thing is my GPA wasn't too high, so I doubt ill get in. My second would be long beach though. 

I'm super nervous waiting on a decision from both CSU Dominguez Hills and Long Beach. It feels like I didn't apply to enough schools. I'm starting to consider applying to Columbia's online MSW program here in LA. What do you guys think????

Hello!

Pretty sure I just got accepted to DU!!! I just checked my application status page and there are two buttons on the bottom; one for "accept offer of admission" and "decline offer of admission". Hopefully I'll get an official acceptance soon! 

Good luck to everyone!!

Congrats kp_msw!!! DU is my top choice, just checked the site and no decision for me yet. But now I'll probably start checking constantly haha.

When did you finish your application if you don't mind me asking?

Just heard back today! Best of luck to everyone in getting into your top choice!

"The University of Michigan School of Social Work is pleased to inform you that your application for admission to the Master of Social Work Program has been approved. 

Congratulations on your admission to the MSW Program!"

Edited by Nochal

Just heard back today! Best of luck to everyone in getting into your top choice!

"The University of Michigan School of Social Work is pleased to inform you that your application for admission to the Master of Social Work Program has been approved. 

Congratulations on your admission to the MSW Program!"

Congratulations!!! U of M is an amazing school! 

Congrats kp_msw!!! DU is my top choice, just checked the site and no decision for me yet. But now I'll probably start checking constantly haha.

When did you finish your application if you don't mind me asking?

I submitted all of my stuff the first week of November and my final letter of recommendation was received by them on November 11. So it took just over a month. I still haven't gotten anything official from them yet but I've been stalking grad forums from the past few years and it seems the buttons always show up first. DU is my top choice as well so I was checking like every day haha.

Best of luck to you!!! Perhaps we'll both end up in Denver!!!

Thanks zenkat and MermaidturnedMSW  :)

MermaidturnedMSW (and other U of M applicants), just fyi, I saw the decision on the website (Wolverine Access>Student>New/Prospective Student Business>Application Status>View Decision) if you were curious. I'm not sure how many decisions they've made, but that seems to be the first place most applicants find out the decision.

Edited by Nochal

eastsidechickMSW, I believe I received the email regarding setting up wolverine access the day my application was received. Did you not receive that email?

Congratulations, Stupid Guns!

Edited by Nochal

theatricalmadi, I applied back at the beginning of November. I was sent an email to create a guest account for Wolverine Access. From there you can check your application status. You create your actual uniqname after you are admitted.

I feel like I started my applications very late, but all of the schools put them up late when I was in full swing as a full time student/employee/intern. I am barely going to mail out my PSU application tomorrow and it needs to be post make by Jan 3. Super last minute.

I applying to the advanced standing program, and even though I feel like I am a strong applicant, my advisor, who is not very encouraging, is telling me I might not be strong enough. Hopefully I hit the nail with my personal statement. 

eastsidechickMSW, I believe I received the email regarding setting up wolverine access the day my application was received. Did you not receive that email?

Congratulations, Stupid Guns!

I did not. I waited over a week and a half then I e-mailed admissions and explained I had not gotten access to Wolverine. The response I got was that it could take up to weeks....