Fall 2015 Applicants

I remember when I applied 2 years ago this forum was CRACKIN'! It seems everyone is in hiding this year. I'm hoping that this means less applicants *crosses fingers* and not that they are all waiting for those last minute deadlines -___-

I remember when I applied 2 years ago this forum was CRACKIN'! It seems everyone is in hiding this year. I'm hoping that this means less applicants *crosses fingers* and not that they are all waiting for those last minute deadlines -___-

lol shoot im hoping the same thing

Yes! I submitted my CSULA app and that probably was one of the longest statements I wrote, but at least you will have enough space to describe your vignettes in enough detail...I found the UCLA statement to be too short, so I was struggling to say all that I wanted to say for that personal statement.

I just looked up the requirements for the CSULA personal statement because I was curious to see how it compared to the CSUSM statement requirements. It looks like CSUSM lifted their requirements directly from CSULA. It's identical, which seems kind of lazy. I wrote that 8 page statement over the summer and it was a pain in the ass, but it definitely allows you to elaborate. At least I know that if I don't get into CSUSM I can use the exact same statement for CSULA.

I am in the process of apply to University of Utah (Deadline is September 30th!) Just finishing up the critical thinking essay. I get a decision in January. 

I will also apply to University of Denver, Colorado State University, Utah State University, and possibly University of Eastern Washington. 

Did you hear back from University of Denver yet?

Has anyone had an acceptance from University of Denver? I am told that online, when you are accepted, that your admissions decison changes to "not available" and then there are two buttons on the bottom of the page to accept or decline offer? Is this true for everyone accepted or just some? My admissions decison was made and my letter was mailed out (still waiting) but I do not have the accept or decline buttons on the bottom of the page!! EEEEEKKK. help!

Hi kurkz,

I just got accepted to University of Denver yesterday (I think). I logged into the interface, clicked on my application, and sure enough those two buttons had appeared, although I haven't gotten an offical letter yet. The consesus I've seen on this site seems to be that if you have those buttons, you're accepted and receive the letter a few days later, but I'm not sure if not seeing those means you're definitely not accepted. My decision section has said not available since I first applied and hasn't changed. How do you know they made a decision? If you're too anxious to wait I'd try calling the school, someone else did that to confirm what the buttons meant so they might be able to tell you ahead of the letter as well.

Good luck, hope to see you in Denver!!

Hi kurkz,

I just got accepted to University of Denver yesterday (I think). I logged into the interface, clicked on my application, and sure enough those two buttons had appeared, although I haven't gotten an offical letter yet. The consesus I've seen on this site seems to be that if you have those buttons, you're accepted and receive the letter a few days later, but I'm not sure if not seeing those means you're definitely not accepted. My decision section has said not available since I first applied and hasn't changed. How do you know they made a decision? If you're too anxious to wait I'd try calling the school, someone else did that to confirm what the buttons meant so they might be able to tell you ahead of the letter as well.

Good luck, hope to see you in Denver!!

I just called! They said they cannot tell me that information. My assumption is that I am not accepted since the two buttons did not appear! We will see....darn, I really loved that school!

Has anyone had an acceptance from University of Denver? I am told that online, when you are accepted, that your admissions decison changes to "not available" and then there are two buttons on the bottom of the page to accept or decline offer? Is this true for everyone accepted or just some? My admissions decison was made and my letter was mailed out (still waiting) but I do not have the accept or decline buttons on the bottom of the page!! EEEEEKKK. help!

How do you know the decison was made?

I was accepted into the University of Denver!  About a week ago the "accept" "decline" buttons showed up on the website and I called to confirm.  I just got the letter in the mail and I found out that I also was awarded 28k in scholarships!  This was my top choice so I will almost certainly be going!  

I also applied to the University of Iowa and the University of Missouri, KC but I haven't heard back from those programs yet. 

Hi all! I've been reading these forums for months and they have helped me tremendously with my application and related anxiety. I got accepted officially yesterday to The University of Denver's MSW program with a $38K scholarship, 19 a year. I had a pretty poor overall GPA probably about a 3.0 at best but I had a 3.9 for my last 60 credits (which just shows how bad my grades were those first few years). I had about 8 months experience as a professional therapist for a residential tx center. So anyone out there with poor grades there is hope! I'm about 95% sure I'll be going to DU in the fall and I look forward to seeing everyone there!

Ahhh these last two posts about DU are making me nervous/hopeful! The accept/decline buttons appeared on the website for me about a week ago so I'm fairly sure I'm in, but I haven't gotten the official letter yet so I still don't know about scholarships. DU is my top choice as well so if I do end up with some financial help I'll most likely see you both there :)

Until then....just going to keep checking my mail anxiously....