Fall 2015 Applicants

Not sure who you are talking to, but I applied to NYU on January 4

I was asking anyone who had been accepted; I wasn't specific - my mistake. Thanks for your response.

Hey everyone!

I had an interview with UPenn on 01/30 and patiently waiting for a response. The interviewer said that I would hear within two weeks, and I was just wondering generally how long it took any of y'all to hear back from them. The interviewer said he was recommending me for admission, however other faculty needed to review my application. Just ready to know their decision!

Also had anyone applied to Loyola Chicago for Fall 2015?

Hey everyone!

I had an interview with UPenn on 01/30 and patiently waiting for a response. The interviewer said that I would hear within two weeks, and I was just wondering generally how long it took any of y'all to hear back from them. The interviewer said he was recommending me for admission, however other faculty needed to review my application. Just ready to know their decision!

I had an interview with UPenn on 1/26, same exact thing - they said I would hear within two weeks, and I was being strongly recommended for admission. Still no call! Although it won't be 2 weeks until Monday. 

Hey everyone!

Hey, I interviewed on 1/15 and was accepted a week later. I'm sure the response time varies, though. 

Anyone have any idea when Hunter will start interviewing??

No and I really want to hear from them already! My app status online says "pending interview." But I'm not even counting on that implying that I'm guaranteed to be invited for an interview... 

Glad I found this forum again! This time last year, I was applying to Cal State LA, Cal State Northridge, and Ohio State University (I'm originally from Ohio and wasn't sure if I was going to stay in Ohio or move at the time). I was accepted to Cal State LA, but deferred it for a year to do service in an Americorps program. The program I am a part of does a partnership with USC, and I looked at USC's curriculum and I really liked it, so I applied. I applied for the early decision deadline, but application difficulties occurred, and my application didn't count until the December 8th deadline. I hope I get in USC, though I do understand how the cost is pretty scary (I'm gonna have to receive A LOT of financial aid).

That being said, I'm waiting to hear back from USC, as well as receive my deferrment package from CSULA in the mail to see what that process is like. 

Has anyone heard back from USC or CSULA? 

Just heard back from CSULB today. I got in! Pretty excited about it, though I don't know 100% what to choose. They have a really good program but so does SDSU, my other top choice. Anyone out there apply to CSULB as a top choice?

Hey everyone!

Hi! I applied to the Social Work PhD program and have not heard a peep! Not sure if this helps you at all since it may be a different committee/ timeframe.

I have a financial aid question. I applied to five schools and only one said that I got any type of aid in my acceptance letter. Does that mean that I got none at the others? Also I did submit the FASFA--when will I hear from the schools if that gave me anything??

Glad I found this forum again! This time last year, I was applying to Cal State LA, Cal State Northridge, and Ohio State University (I'm originally from Ohio and wasn't sure if I was going to stay in Ohio or move at the time). I was accepted to Cal State LA, but deferred it for a year to do service in an Americorps program. The program I am a part of does a partnership with USC, and I looked at USC's curriculum and I really liked it, so I applied. I applied for the early decision deadline, but application difficulties occurred, and my application didn't count until the December 8th deadline. I hope I get in USC, though I do understand how the cost is pretty scary (I'm gonna have to receive A LOT of financial aid).

That being said, I'm waiting to hear back from USC, as well as receive my deferrment package from CSULA in the mail to see what that process is like. 

Has anyone heard back from USC or CSULA? 

Hi, I applied to USC's advance standing program December 2nd and heard back yesterday Friday Feb. 6th. I got in!! yay Idk if I heard back so early because its advance standing (we start this July). Hope that helps. 

I just heard back today too.

Hi Monochrome!

Congrats on your acceptances! I got into NYU as well and I'm still deciding if I want to apply to Fordham. Can I ask why you have chosen to attend Fordham over NYU?

Hi all! This forum is awesome! I've been lurking on here for a while and finally decided to join the club! 

I have a question for those of you who applied to University of Minnesota. Has your application status changed? My status changed to " awaiting for program decision" 2 weeks after I submitted ( Submitted on Jan. 3rd) then three days later it said "your application has been completed". My application was already complete for weeks so I don't know what this means... I'm very anxious! 

Also, please share if you have already been accepted,rejected or wait listed and your status.

My stats: 

Psychology: BA/ Soc minor

GPA: mediocre

Work experience: 5 in social services/ mental health field

Thanks!

Edited by MSWer2015