Persian language / Iranian studies programs

greghubert

I would like to get some advice on the better Persian language and Iranian studies programs within the US. I am not interested in programs within California and cannot afford any schools like Columbia, Chicago, Harvard, or NYU. The following are some schools with Persian programs and if anyone has any advice on the quality of these programs, please let me know.

There was a comment on here about the University of Washington-Seattle from 2010 () that was extremely critical of the Middle Eastern Studies program at UW and specifically said that Persian at UW had fallen apart due to lack of funding. Is this still the case?

How about UT-Austin? How is their Persian program?

And Indiana University at Bloomington? They seem to have a lot of different language programs but I know little about their program.

Any others that I'm missing? As you can see, I'm mainly interested in state schools.

Thanks.

Two others that maybe someone has experience with their Persian language/Middle Eastern Studies programs?

1) University of Arizona in Tucson.

2) University of Virginia in Charlottesville.

• 5 months later...