Fall 2015ers - where are you in the application process? :)

I'm applying to MSW/PhD, MSW-only, and back-up master's in other fields. I've registered for most applications; I've gotten feedback from my first round of SOP drafts; and I've gotten the green light from all my letter writers.

• 1 month later...

Some of the applications are open! I'm very curious what others are doing, for those who are applying?

I've started my applications, the LOR requests are out, and I'm working on my SOPs now.  Hoping to submit all by October 15th.  Writing the SOPs is so nerve-wracking!

I'm also working on my personal statements... I can never seen to get it right! If you want to edit each others let me know. I think it would be great to have someone who wants to go in the field give some feedback :)

I am writing my SOP and Personal History statements. It's hard because I'm revising my statements from last year - when I was rejected. Lots of good material but still need to re-vamp. Where is everyone else in the process?

I am writing my SOP and Personal History statements. It's hard because I'm revising my statements from last year - when I was rejected. Lots of good material but still need to re-vamp. Where is everyone else in the process?

what schools did you get denied from?

CONGRATULATIONS! How did NYU let you know? Email, letter, update on your app?

Thank you! They sent me an e-mail that stated I was accepted and to go to my Albert account to Accept/Decline the offer. Good luck on your app!

Thank you! They sent me an e-mail that stated I was accepted and to go to my Albert account to Accept/Decline the offer. Good luck on your app!

Thank you! Waiting for my last LOR to go through by Oct 15th and then I will hit the Submit button. Nit-picking my SOP until then! Argh, hope to see you at NYU! 

Thank you! Waiting for my last LOR to go through by Oct 15th and then I will hit the Submit button. Nit-picking my SOP until then! Argh, hope to see you at NYU! 

Best of luck to you! I hope you get in. I see you're applying to three other schools as well, so good luck on those too. :)

Wow, it is freaking me out a bit that people have applications in and I'm still putting together spreadsheets with info for schools! I need to step on it. 

I'm looking at programs with Intl Social Work/Global Practice- I know these are competitive and hoping my work experience abroad will make me a qualified candidate. My definitely applying list is: Michigan, Colombia, BC, Penn, Tulane. Maybe list is: Chicago, Hunter, NYU, Denver, UConn. Possibly might throw some Canadian universities in like McGill and York. 

Trying not to stress about everything!

I have a question about SOPs. Some of the prompts that I've come across seem to be more personal--so like more about you and your opinions. However, there are parts or sections of the prompt which ask about a social problem, its components, and possible ways to address it. I am wondering, are they still wanting you to be opinionated here or are they looking for more of a technical answer rooted in more concrete information? 

• 4 weeks later...

I assume they're looking for a bit of both in your response, ns2564. I'm sure they're looking at not only your technical critical thinking skills (how you look at the social problem), but also how your solution to the social problem (which will say a lot about your values) aligns with the code of ethics.