Fulbright-Hays DDRA

cm125

• 3 weeks later...

Memetics, the campus rep said she was just notified this morning and she was working from home so it was a little uncoordinated because I ambushed her with the email before she'd sent anything out. When she forwarded everything to me it did include the technical review form which includes the scores and comments from 2 reviewers. I'm at Washington University in St. Louis.

• 3 weeks later...

Just on the off chance somebody will look at this again, any of you who were successful get any further info on when you can expect to get money and/or what comes next? I've found the people on the Dept. of Edu side to be very not helpful and my program officer at my university hasn't gotten much of anything else either.

as72, my university's program officer has been diligently keeping us posted but still hasn't received this year's handbook for awardees from the DoE, which apparently has all those concrete details you (and we) are looking for. They sent us last year's handbook so we can get some idea, but evidently things might change from year to year, so no one can make completely definitive statements about next steps until this year's goes out. At least we've been given a checklist of things like date of ATC, copies of passports and visas, etc. which we will need to turn in so they can submit it all at least 30 days before the research period starts. My school is quite large and used to dealing with at least 1-2 Fulbright-Hays scholars a year, so they seem to be quite well-organized, but they're still at the mercy of the larger bureaucracy...

Thanks, utsusemi. We also have a new coordinator for our campus so she doesn't have much to go on. I'm already in the field so I was really hoping some of these things would be a little more expedited. I also had my start date listed as October 15th on the app so was hoping they'd at least be doing things a little more quickly since I was never told that that date wouldn't be feasible. Nothing to do but wait, it looks like! Any idea from previous years how the money gets dispersed? I.e. is it a lump sum, each month, half now, half later, etc.? Or because the university administers it is it up to them somehow? I'm really in the dark here. Thanks for the info!

Ah, sorry, I forgot about this thread for a bit. It sounds like funding is usually divided into two lump sums (at our campus, at least). When it disburses seems to depend on when travel starts and (possibly?) on our quarter system. I admit I haven't been following each emerging detail quite as avidly--I've got my prospectus defense coming up soon, and wasn't planning to travel until after the holidays, so I can afford to wait a bit to start worrying about arrangements. I originally guessed a Nov. 1 start date myself, though. Now I'm somewhat glad things didn't end up moving that quickly on my end, given the delay in getting information out plus this 30-day lead time our coordinator has asked for.