Want to apply for a PhD Program without GRE, Is it good?

Dear Friends,

I have an M.Sc(Applied Mathematics) from a reputed institution in INDIA and want to apply for the Spring-2015 intake for PhD in Statistics. I have not taken GRE yet. I am not aiming for the Ivy League Instituions in US. Mediocore universities is ok for me. I have contacted some of the professors from such Low tier unviersities with my profile, they encouraged me to apply without GRE. But is it ok? can my application pass through the admissions review. I have Strong LOR`s from my professors. Please tell me if it is fine to apply without GRE?

If the program in question doesn't require a GRE, then there's no trick involved, they don't need a GRE score and not having one won't hurt your admission chances.

Are you talking about the Mathematics (subject) GRE or the general GRE? Many programs don't require the former but I don't know of a lot of institutions where you don't need the latter. The general GRE requirement typically comes from the graduate school and hence can't be waived by the department.

If the program in question doesn't require a GRE, then there's no trick involved, they don't need a GRE score and not having one won't hurt your admission chances.

Yes the program does not require a General GRE, Thank You!! I will apply soon