2015 Applicant Profiles and Admissions Results

InquilineKea

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all,

I'm an international who has just graduated with a B.Sc in Chemical Engineering with a final year project focused on 'Demercaptanization of Sour Gasoline'. I have an undergraduate CGPA of 2.96. I'll be giving my GRE this month and I'm hoping to get into a M.ENG Petroleum in USA. I want to go into Texas A&M, Penn State, University of Houston, Colorado School of Mines, University of Tulsa and University of Southern California.

What should the LOR and P.S include in order for the application to be considered worthwhile according to you who have experience in applications?

• 2 weeks later...

For anyone who has read my adventures with applications over the last couple of years: I got in! I sent a late application to OSU and was accepted! So relieved and excited to take the next step in my career :).

I acutally know a grad student at OSU's earth science dept and he's really cool! seems like a nice dept. 

For anyone who has read my adventures with applications over the last couple of years: I got in! I sent a late application to OSU and was accepted! So relieved and excited to take the next step in my career :).

Out of curiosity how late was your application ? Also I found out OSU doesn't require the GRE so that would've saved me a lot of stress last year lol 

Edited by columbia09

Out of curiosity how late was your application ? Also I found out OSU doesn't require the GRE so that would've saved me a lot of stress last year lol 

I sent it in late April/early May. Ohio state does require a GRE and uses it as a cut off like most schools since they get a lot of competitive applications. Not sure where you heard that they don't require it :\. I don't know of many schools that don't require the GRE to be honest. 

I sent it in late April/early May. Ohio state does require a GRE and uses it as a cut off like most schools since they get a lot of competitive applications. Not sure where you heard that they don't require it :\. I don't know of many schools that don't require the GRE to be honest. 

Oh Ohio State I was talking about Oklahoma State