Communication/Media Studies Ph.D Fall 2015--Apps, Decisions, and Waiting...

Same story here.  Thanks for the response and congratulations on your offers! 

Thanks!  Congrats on the 100% acceptance rate!  Which of the programs are you most likely to choose?  What is your area of study?

Edited by The Pedanticist

Was recently accepted to Wisconsin-Madison (in Mass Comm, not Comm Arts) with funding. I am still waiting for a few applications, but I've been told my POI is extremely interested in taking me on and the program is an ideal fit for my research, so this is likely where my hunt-for-a-program ends. :D

Was recently accepted to Wisconsin-Madison (in Mass Comm, not Comm Arts) with funding. I am still waiting for a few applications, but I've been told my POI is extremely interested in taking me on and the program is an ideal fit for my research, so this is likely where my hunt-for-a-program ends. :D

Yay! Wow! Congratulations!

I applied to Film Studies programs at

UT-Austin

UC-Santa Cruz

UW- Madison

Iowa

Kansas

Based on posts probably not accepted at UTA and Wisconsin. No interviews at either.

Haven't heard anything about the film departments of the other schools though.

I applied to Film Studies programs at

UT-Austin

UC-Santa Cruz

UW- Madison

Iowa

Kansas

Based on posts probably not accepted at UTA and Wisconsin. No interviews at either.

Haven't heard anything about the film departments of the other schools though.

Did you apply to the Media Studies program at UT Austin? If so, they have already sent out notifications. But, if you applied to one of the RTF programs they still might not have sent out notifications. I would contact the programs and ask! Good luck!

Turns out my interview did indeed go well. Accepted to Information Studies at UCLA! Funding and advising information to follow.

NICE!!! You're officially in the super complicated decision-making phase!

Turns out my interview did indeed go well. Accepted to Information Studies at UCLA! Funding and advising information to follow.

Congrats to both of you!!! Best of luck to all those waiting for the other shoe to drop (i.e. the funding one...)

Yes!!!! Congrats!!! Pleasant weather decisions, here you come ;)

Thanks! :D I'll be visiting in March! Best of luck to everyone still waiting.

Congratulations!!!

you GUYS. YOU GUYS YOU GUYS. 

i got into Columbia. 

holy moly what the heck is going on what

[and thanks so much for the congratulations! you guys have been my rock these past few insanity-instilling months. a rare and precious resource of friendship, you all are.]

Edited by grad_wannabe

i got into Columbia. 

[and thanks so much for the congratulations! you guys have been my rock these past few insanity-instilling months. a rare and precious resource of friendship, you all are.]

AHHH congrats!! So many choices!

i got into Columbia. 

Congrats!  

i got into Columbia. 

Yayy! Having lots of of choices is the good kind of problem.

rejected by UTA / RTF

I'm sorry :( Are you still waiting for applications elsewhere?

i got into Columbia.

Haha haha. Omg congrats :)

Congrats! I'm so glad your POI is so interested in taking you on. It sounds like that would be a really supportive environment for you!

Nice, congrats!!

i got into Columbia. 

Congrats again! I don't envy your decision there (yes I do lol) but either one would be fantastic. 

rejected by UTA / RTF

Sorry to hear that! I hope you hear good news from your remaining schools ASAP!