TWU TETN cycle 8

Erack

I am sending mine in by Friday for Region 10 also! I had one question...... for the paper application for the TWU email address and ID number are we suppose to fill that in if we haven't gone to TWU? Trying to see if I have a note about that from the meeting but can't seem to find anything. Good luck to everyone! Early December will be here before we know it!

When you applied to TWU through Apply Texas did they give you an ID number and a university email account? I used that when filling out the departmental paperwork. Hope this helps! Good luck!

I just sent my Apply Texas app and I didn't get a TWU ID number or e-mail address... I haven't gotten an email confirmation from anyone yet but I literally sent it 2 minutes ago haha. Did they give it to you through an e-mail confirmation or on the apply texas website? Ah! Thanks so much :)

TWU sent me a confirmation email after I filled out the online application with my student ID number. From there I was able to set up an account through their WebAdvisor which gave me access to the school email. WebAdvisor is also where we can go and obsessively check our application status over the next 2 months :)

Great! Yet, I haven't gotten an email from TWU yet!! I submitted my application a few hours ago. I just wanted to mail it before the weekend, especially bc my birthday is Saturday and I don't want to think about it anymore!!! I guess I will wait it out til tomorrow, did TWU send that email pretty soon after you sent the apply Texas app? Sorry, I know I am being annoying!

It was a day or so after I submitted the application. I'm sure you'll get it soon. If not, maybe you could go to the website and click forgot log in? Happy early birthday!

Hi everyone! I'm from region 2 and I applied for cycle 8. Erack I'm so glad you created this forum. It's great to know I'm not the only one dreading the waiting process.

Hello all! SO glad to find this formum and other TWU TETN Cycle 8 applicants. I can't really find much more information outside the TWU website, so this is great! :D My application is "awaiting departmental review." I'm really nervous. I am applying for region 20 in San Antonio. I have a friend that works for region 20 who told me there are about 100 applications. The waiting is stressing me out!

I think that the positive thing about the 100 applicants for Region 20 alone are that this number is far lower than many of the SLP master's programs out there. I was reading that in some cases, programs get 300-500 applicants for like 25-30 spots. Yikes! The other positive is that each Education Service Center determines how many applicants they can take! TWU just informs the ESC that the candidates meet the admissions criteria and I believe they also  ranked us. The ESC then makes the decision on how many individuals they can take. I don't know about other regions, but in Region 20, you can't look at a school district website and not see an opening for an SLP or an SLPA. Also, my ESC 20 friend told me that in the past, the TETN program took up three classrooms to accommodate the number of students they took, which makes me think they take a decent number of people if you consider a class room probably holds at 20-30 people. Perhaps I am rationalizing though to make myself feel better! Hahaha.

I am hoping this is good news! I am stress eating SO bad. LOL. I wish they would just tell us already so I don't gain 50 lbs before the notifications in December, hahaha. 

• 4 weeks later...