Overlooked Programs

Wozezeka

I am completing my applications for Goldman, Ford, LBJ, and SPEA. I feel like I have a decent shot at these schools. What are some overlooked programs that don't get enough attention? Any other recommendations? I am interested in general policy analysis as well as environmental policy. I'd be happy with either track, but I don't want to become so specific that I can't move between the different areas.

This is an interesting question, I'd definitely like to see what schools people mention.

One that came to my mind was Duke's Sanford School. I know it's a fairly well known program and probably isn't "overlooked", but I do feel it isn't discussed as much as its peer schools. It seems to be an excellent option, I just don't see it talked about anywhere near the frequency of other similarly ranked/respected schools.

One school that I heard about too late to apply to but then kind of wished I had was University of Minnesota (the Humphrey School).  Not always on the top of everyone's list, but I understand they have a lot of funding available. They also offer an MS in Science, Technology, and Environmental policy, which might be of interest to you. 

To echo MJA87, Sanford is an excellent option. I am of course biased, as I am a month into the first-year MPP curriculum here, and I'm having a really great experience. Sanford is pretty quantitative heavy, but I feel our classes are not overly burdensome and mostly applicable to policy making in the long run. The policy analysis part is also pretty great so far. It also has the added benefit of being close to the Nicholas School of the Environment also at Duke, which will offer some great resources if that's where you'd like to do some research.