Help with undergrad research project

SPE1901

Hello everyone!

I'm currently a senior undergrad student and I'm taking my senior capstone course. For the course we have to come up with our own research question and write a 25 page paper answering the questions. I'm struggling to come up with something I actually care about (it's worth it to note that I really dont like my major, but by the time I realized how miserable I am it was far too late to change, and I'm going to grad school for higher education so I just need a bachelors to get in). My interests in political science include judicial politics and race and politics. I definitely want to write about race and politics. Can anyone evaluate my research questions and provide feedback to make them better/more specific? I'm honestly lost at this point and any help is appreciated.

"Are there examples of institutionalized racism in the American political system? How do these practices affect U.S. politics? Can a system of laws truly serve those it was never intended to protect?"

"Are there examples of institutionalized racism in the American political system? How do these practices affect U.S. politics? Can a system of laws truly serve those it was never intended to protect?"

I have your answers: Yes. In a variety of ways. Maybe.

In all seriousness, this isn't a homework help line. if you have specific questions or need places to start in the literature, we can do that.