Having a hard time obtaining letters of recommendation?

I graduated with my MA from Columbia, and I asked some of my professors to write my letters of recommendation to the PhD programs in anthropology that I'm applying to.

One of my letter writers is my thesis adviser, and the second is a professor I had in American anthropology. I am still worried though. I need a third letter from a professor who is willing to comment on my Spanish-speaking abilities. (I want to go for a PhD in Anthropology with a focus on Latin-American inner city communities). 

So, I emailed my anthropology professor who taught a course on Spanish-speaking communities. It is SO DIFFICULT reaching her. A lot of the faculty at Columbia do not respond to email. I even came during her office hours, but to no avail. She's never in her office. 

If I cannot find any other professor of mine to write me a letter, whom else should I go to? I'm interested in going to CUNY's Graduate Center and The New School. Do you feel that I should speak to the faculty there, build rapport, and ask for them to recommend me? 

Thanks in advance.