Where are you applying for 2015?

TruffleTime

Haha!  Don't worry.  They'll definitely send you an email if you're rejected.  I don't believe my status changed on the website.  Although, I didn't really check it after the initial confirmation that I was rejected.  Be sure you're checking your spam folders.  I've heard emails sometimes end up there. 

If you haven't heard anything, you're probably on a waitlist.

Thank you geographyrocks!  When they contacted you, did they email or call you? Waiting is seriously the worst part! 

When did you apply? Indiana and Kentucky deadline was 15th of Jan. and I called. Does no harm - just be polite.

Are you applying for MS or Phd? I've applied for kentucky before jan 15th too, MS prog.

What did they say when you contacted them? And any mail id you know, so that i can mail them? 

Are you applying for MS or Phd? I've applied for kentucky before jan 15th too, MS prog.

What did they say when you contacted them? And any mail id you know, so that i can mail them? 

Just an FYI - I know from a department contact that Kentucky sent out all their MS acceptances early last month.  I think I already sent you the contact information for who you need to call at Kentucky.  She is very nice and friendly.  I highly suggest you call her for your status. If you haven't gotten a rejection from them, my guess is that you are waitlisted since funding for MS's was supposed to start being announced about now.  (They still haven't sent accepts or rejects for Phds! and they are on spring break this week too.)

Just an FYI - I know from a department contact that Kentucky sent out all their MS acceptances early last month.  I think I already sent you the contact information for who you need to call at Kentucky.  She is very nice and friendly.  I highly suggest you call her for your status. If you haven't gotten a rejection from them, my guess is that you are waitlisted since funding for MS's was supposed to start being announced about now.  (They still haven't sent accepts or rejects for Phds! and they are on spring break this week too.)

Yeah, i guess i'm waitlisted. And regarding that contact info you gave, I dont have a problem calling the officer, but since i stay in India the timings here and there are very different. I dont want to call them in the wrong hour or something, that is why i have asked for a mail id..anyway i have mailed the DGS about it and hopefully will get a reply by tomorrow.

I only applied to York in this field and b/c the grad student union has won their recent strike and since I was mistaken about being accepted (my interview was confusing), it appears I won't go there. Or anywhere else in  the fall in any field, I'm 0-10 or 0-11 on phd apps this season. For many reasons, my academic future is in the gutter and may be down the drain, it's not looking good at all. Good luck to the rest of you.

Edited by breaks0

Hey everyone, I just withdrew my app from Kentucky since I accepted another offer.  In my email I implied that this would open a spot for others if I was indeed wait-listed.  I received a quick reply stating that they are still making initial decisions as the weather this semester closed the university down so much that it caused them a huge delay.  So for those of you waiting on Kentucky, I would say hold out just a bit longer.  They are really pushing the deadline this year but they are still figuring out acceptances.  Best of luck to you all.

So i just applied to UC Denver for their new Applied Geography and Geospatial Science Program, the program is brand new and i am excited to be a first year student. 

• 6 months later...

So no grad school for me this year! But congrats and best of luck to everyone starting! 

And to those that are back in the real world for another year - like myself - it could be a fortunate happening in disguise. I'm going out to the real world... the cold cold real world. Wishing all of us luck wherever we go!