Title IV-E

esimanon

Guess I'll start! :)

Where are you applying?

Berkeley, SJSU, CSU Eastbay

What are your stats?

Graduated in 2012 with a BA in Sociology (social welfare concentration)

3.6 overall GPA; 3.8 major GPA

So-so GRE scores

2 years of full time work with current and former foster youth; Americorps alum (Public Allies); currently working with underserved adults in workforce development program

Why are you applying for this?

I'm really interested in working with foster youth to improve their educational outcomes. Becoming a child welfare worker gives me the opportunity to better understand the difficulties foster youth face as well as being able to serve them holistically before moving forward to advocate for their educational needs on mezzo and macro levels

• 2 months later...

Looks like you applied to the Title IV-E program, @mswhopeful2015. Is this your first time applying to the program? I am super nervous!

I just applied to UC Berkeley's Title IV-E program this year....

Edited by esimanon

Looks like you applied to the Title IV-E program, @mswhopeful2015. Is this your first time applying to the program? I am super nervous!

I just applied to UC Berkeley's Title IV-E program this year....

I did and I'm also super nervous! This is my first time applying but I have a lot of experience working with foster youth so I really hope I get in.