Grad School asked me to send another LOR addressing my Teaching abilities!!

Chinna_Vinay

Hello Guyz,

I am having M.Sc(Applied Mathematics) from a reputed institute in INDIA. Recently I have applied to PhD Program(Applied Mathematics) in a mediocre university in USA. As soon as they received my application packet and after reviewing them. The graduate co-ordinator of that department is asking me to send another Letter of Recommendation addressing my teaching abilities in order to consider my application for the Graduate Teaching Fellowship. So, I requested one of my professor the same and he asked me to bring a rough draft so that he would edit it before sending. I am confused what to include in this letter, I request you guyz to advise me about writing this particular letter for Teaching Fellowship  (What to include, What not to inlcude, Skills, abilities, etc.,)

Thank You very much guyz!! :)

a mediocre university in USA

Maybe start by avoiding evaluations like that in anything you write... Why do you want to get a PhD from a 'mediocre university'?

But to answer your question, things like your ability to connect to students, your demeanor in class, professionalism, etc. are all things they would be interested in.

Maybe start by avoiding evaluations like that in anything you write... Why do you want to get a PhD from a 'mediocre university'?

But to answer your question, things like your ability to connect to students, your demeanor in class, professionalism, etc. are all things they would be interested in.

Thank You,

Well my master`s CGPA is a bit low, which is why I have applied to such university. Also I have not taken GRE and not interested to take. So I have applied to only those universities

where GRE is not required for admission.