Health Psychology and Clinical Science Ph.D. Program

kpsych

Hi, All:

My name is Katie and I am a current Health Psychology and Clinical Science Ph.D student at The City University of New York (CUNY). I am writing to tell you about our new Ph.D. program; our first class was enrolled in 2013.

We are excited to be offering a curriculum that provides a true commitment to elucidating the interaction between physical and mental health from a rigorously empirical biopsychosocial perspective. Students will receive a thorough grounding in both clinical science and health psychology, including current theoretical perspectives, the conduct and evaluation of scientific research methods, understanding of the behavioral and biological mechanisms of psychopathology and physical illness, the conduct of prevention and intervention trials across diverse populations and in diverse settings, and addressing health disparities in a sociocultural context.

Our faculty include Cheryl Carmichael, Tracy Dennis, Joel Erblich, Sarit Golub, Renee Goodwin, Michael Hoyt, Doug Mennin, Regina Miranda, Jeff Parsons, Laura Reigada, Tracey Revenson, Margie Rosario, Deborah Walder, and Mariann Weierich.  Research areas cover a wide range of topics in clinical science and health. Further, these faculty have formal and informal relationships at premiere medical and public health institutions throughout New York City that offer collaborative opportunities for research and externship.

We will be admitting a small group of highly qualified predoctoral students for Fall 2015.  Details are available at http://www.gc.cuny.edu/Page-Elements/Academics-Research-Centers-Initiatives/Doctoral-Programs/Psychology/Training-Areas/Health-and-Clinical or at our more detailed companion site, http://cunyclinicalandhealthgrad.net/  But, anyone who has specific questions may contact us directly. Admitted students are supported by multi-year packages that include stipends, tuition waivers, and health insurance.  The program will be seeking accreditation with APA-CoA and, in time, PCSAS.

The deadline for Fall applications is December 1st. 

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out! You can contact me here on gradcafe or through email at: koneill@gc.cuny.edu

Thanks!

Edited by kpsych