DAAD

Horb

So mine was application rejected a few days ago, but now it's changed back to application submitted. I wonder what this means!

Mine, too. Still seems like this doesn't bode well :/. Arrrgh, DAAD. Any change to the statuses for those who had "selection made"?

Edited by umamam

So mine was application rejected a few days ago, but now it's changed back to application submitted. I wonder what this means!

Mine too! Bizarre; maybe they accidentally released preliminary results too early. Although of course the eternal optimist in me is still holding out a sliver of hope...

I'm guessing that you guys are talking about a summer intensive or master's program? I'm applying for a study scholarship in the arts, and unfortunately it seems that I will have to wait until mid-April. I haven't seen any changes in my status at all yet.

The summer intensive does not have a portal (I wish it did though now it seems like more of a torture device). I believe they are research/study candidates.

Ah okay. So they must be in scientific fields or liberal arts. I'm a musician and had to send in a supplemental recording in addition to the other stuff. There is zero information out there on the artist scholarships. I'm jealous that you guys will find out earlier. I might have to accept/decline US grad programs before I hear back from DAAD! Scary...

Well hopefully you get into your top grad program AND they allow deferment for such an awesome opportunity (some do!) What do you play? I once played trumpet until I realized that I am tone deaf and also have no rhythm. 

That's so cool, SeriousMusician! Best of luck! I'm just sorry you might have to wait so long. I applied for a year-long research grant for history, and folks in my program who've won it in previous years found out in March. Here's hoping! :)

Wow. I guess I was wrong. Just received my email. I was rejected, which is very sad. However, they did give statistics for the number of applicants and the number of scholarships, which was very nice. Also, I got a nice letter!

Sad news over here aswell. I also tried the Arts scholarship, got the selection made status, but just received my rejection letter through Portal.

It sucks.

Can you guys share the letter contents, especially the numbers?

Geez, what's the point of having a portal where you can check your application status if it's so unreliable?!

Sorry to hear about your rejections in the arts program. :( Hopefully those of us who applied for the study scholarship also hear something official soon rather than obsessing over this portal...

Literally right after I posted that last comment I got an email from DAAD New York in response to my question about whether my "application rejected" status on the portal (which is now displaying as "application submitted") was official:

Thank you for your email. As we haven’t announced the results yet, and only our head office in Bonn has access to the portal, I can’t explain the reason of any status being listed in the portal.

I’ll let you know as soon as I find out from our head office.
[...]
Sorry for the confusion.

(Re. the reference to the head office in Bonn - I applied through DAAD in North America.)

So. Thoughts?

Edited by zadigblue

Thanks for looking into this, zadigblue! That gives me some hope. My department always has a lot of DAAD applicants and that portal has been notorious for causing problems in the application process, so I wouldn't be surprised if it were some totally random error. 

Also nervously waiting to hear back from the DAAD for a study scholarship. Though I don't know if Australians find out at the same time as the North Americans. Nothing has changed on the portal yet...

Does anyone know if they allocate a certain number of scholarships into different fields? Is it therefore more competitive if your in a certain field?

Hello Guys,

I applied for the Study scholarship as well (DAAD North America). I am hoping to attend either Mannheim Uni, LMU, Freiburg Uni.I submitted my application as soon as the application window opened so It feels like I have waited 50 years for this damn decision. I really hope I get it :(((((....Has anyone else gotten their decision letter?

Wow according to the DAAD website, the results won't be announced until mid April....thats a loooong wait still

Hi but where did you read that exactly? Could you give a link to it?

https://www.daad.org/gradstudy

Got to Terms of Award and look for the last bullet point there.

http://academicjobs.wikia.com/wiki/Dissertation_Fellowships_2014-2015

http://academicjobs.wikia.com/wiki/Dissertation_Fellowships_2013-14

Last year and the year before that they seem to have gone out on March 28th, so maybe the wait won't be quite as long.