Harvard Biomedical Engineering PhD

dandelion0627

Hey guys,

I intend to apply for the BME PhD program at Harvard U. Since I know how competitive it is, I don't expect much from it. 

I took my GRE, and unfortunately I didn't get ideal score for Verbal session, which is below 70%. Q session was 167.

My undergrad GPA is 3.73, TAed 3 courses in BME.

I totally appreciate that low scores might qualify my admission to HarvU, but I at least want to give it a shot. 

Lack of research experience is probably one of my biggest weakness, since I only had one summer of research and am currently in the same lab where I worked for last summer. Challenging as it may be, I still hope to know if there's any way I could convince the committee of my enthusiasm in researching with my SOP. 

Or if anyone can be straightforward to tell me 'It's impossible', I'll still be appreciative. Thank you guys :)

try to retake the gre to bring up the verbal. write a strong personal statement that could possibly discuss your lack of research, and still demonstrate your interest and ability to do well in research.

another thing you can do is to talk to your recommendation writer from your research to discuss well about your research skills and stuff

Edited by kingwd

try to retake the gre to bring up the verbal. write a strong personal statement that could possibly discuss your lack of research, and still demonstrate your interest and ability to do well in research.

another thing you can do is to talk to your recommendation writer from your research to discuss well about your research skills and stuff

Thank you, I'm definitely going to retake GRE, but I guess my priority would be to write a strong SOP.

Thanks again!