Spring 2015 Applicants!

Hey everyone! I figured since today is the deadline for most applications for the Spring 2015, I went ahead and started this thread

So where r you applying and where r you hoping to get in?

Does anyone know how competitive St. John's university is for spring?!

Thanks!

I applied to UTD for spring 2015. I live here with my husband and relocating for other schools is not an option.

I've seen one person say they were already admitted, so I'm getting nervous! I emailed to ask about when we would find out, and they said it will be by registration on November 1st.

Has anyone else found out they're accepted?

Hey everyone! I figured since today is the deadline for most applications for the Spring 2015, I went ahead and started this thread

So where r you applying and where r you hoping to get in?

Does anyone know how competitive St. John's university is for spring?!

Thanks!

HI! Its a little competitive considering that its one of the only few schools in the NYC area that has spring admissions!

I applied to UTD for spring 2015. I live here with my husband and relocating for other schools is not an option.

I've seen one person say they were already admitted, so I'm getting nervous! I emailed to ask about when we would find out, and they said it will be by registration on November 1st.

Has anyone else found out they're accepted?

Nope. I'm still anxiously waiting. Do u have any idea how many people applied to UTD for Spring 2015?

Nope. I'm still anxiously waiting. Do u have any idea how many people applied to UTD for Spring 2015?

No idea... I went on a tour of the campus and asked, and they said less than the number that applies for fall, but it varies each year. 

I really hope to hear from them soon! I keep checking Galaxy every day to see if my status changes.

I'm also wondering if it's possible to roll over my application to the next semester (fall) if I don't get in in the Spring- I'll probably call and ask if I find out that I'm not accepted this round. 

I got an email yesterday that I've been placed on the wait list at Tennessee State for the Spring Online Program. They said notification will be sent out the week of Oct 27th if an opening occurs.

Does anyone know anything about the odds of making it off the wait list to admittance?? I don't know whether to assume that's basically a rejection...or if there's still a decent shot?

Any insight or hope is welcome! :)

Overall GPA: 3.61 | CSD GPA: 3.69 | GRE V-151, Q-154, AW-4.0

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just joined grad cafe and have been checking it out nervously while comparing my states to everyone else's. I'm happy to say I just got my acceptance to Fresno State Spring 2015! Can't wait to meet my new cohort! I hope there's a Facebook page or something!

Hey yall! This is my first post on here, so let's see if I get it right! I applied to UT Dallas and got accepted on September 21, I was surprised that I heard so quickly! I am waiting on Baylor's decision, does anyone know when we will hear by? 

Applied: UTD and Baylor

Accepted :) : UTD

Overall GPA: 3.86

CSD GPA: 3.97

Verbal GRE: 149 :( 

Quantitative GRE: 157

Writing: 4.5

Edited by futureslp15

Congrats, futureSLP15 on your acceptance!! How exciting  :D

STwannabe15, I'm in the same boat as you....i'm getting really nervous because I have not heard back from UTD yet. I check Galaxy way too frequently!! 

futureslp15 - I am in the same boat! Was accepted on the 21st of September by UTD and still awaiting Baylor's response!  :wacko:

Good luck to everyone! This is an incredibly stressful time.

I also completed my applications back in June and did not hear for months, so don't stress! 

Overall GPA: 3.84

CSD GPA: 4.0

GRE Quantitative: 150

GRE Verbal: 157

Edited by longhorn731

futureSLP & longhorn731, please don't take this the wrong way, but... do you have something special going for you in terms of volunteering or something else? Because you both have good GPAs, but your GREs are not at all what I've been told UTD wants.

Just trying to figure out what they are looking for!!

wishingwishing - No worries! I actually met with the program director at UTD and I asked what he thought about my scores and he did say it would have been trickier for me to get in had I applied in the fall. But I did have a lot of volunteer experience at clinics and I volunteered in a research lab. I am also a double major in Psych, so that may have potentially helped? I recommend visiting... it helps to get you recognized. Strong letters of rec help too! Hope that helps.

hey longhorn731, I go to UT too!! I wonder if I know you!!! I talked to the graduate director of Baylor on monday and he said we may not know until mid-November....I cant handle this stress much longer!

And wishingwishing- I was a Respite care worker and had research experience, so I think this helped me a lot! Also, i have heard that most programs do not stress GRE scores, so I don't think that it is a huge deciding factor (I could be wrong though). Furthermore, the Dean wrote me a letter of rec, so I think that helped me too! 

And thanks everyone for the congrats! I am very excited, but nervous. Baylor is my top choice, so I am just waiting!

Edited by futureslp15

Ok, I feel a lot better. My numbers are fine, my letters are fine, my background is fine, but there's no "wow." I think you both have the "wow" factor!  I just wanted to make some sense of it, and your acceptances certainly make sense.

I also really hope you both get into Baylor and clear up some space for me. :)

Edited by wishingwishing

Thank you wishingwishing! I am glad you feel a lot better because you should! I stressed out all summer waiting to hear back so it took me a long while to hear back too. Dr. Stillman told me at UTD grades and letters of rec are very important. So I am sure you will be fine. 

futureslp15 - I would be shocked if we did not know each other! haha Our classes are so small. I can't believe Dr. Park said mid November.. When I met with him in September he said we should know mid October... Yikes!

Ha, well if Baylor are both of your first choices, then I don't feel so bad hoping y'all get in and choose it over UTD! But still, that's great that y'all heard back so quickly- it probably is an indication that y'all are very desirable applicants and that will probably be the same for Baylor. So good luck!

I'm guessing those of us who haven't been accepted or rejected yet are the 'on the fence' people? Who knows how the process works, I'm just hoping my experience teaching and as a therapy tech will help me get some extra points and be admitted.

My numbers aren't super fabulous: 3.5 GPA overall, 4.0 on some science pre-Reqs that I got for both OT application and speech, 161 Verbal, 150 Quantitative on GRE.