Phi Kappa Phi?

bsharpe269

Is this honor society worth the money? I am currently a masters student and am applying to phd programs. I received an invite but am unsure of whether this is worth the money or a waste. Thanks!

I joined as an undergraduate because students in my major were not allowed to join Phi Beta Kappa and Phi Kappa Phi was the next best choice. It is like Phi Beta Kappa but more interdisciplinary. I don't think it was necessarily worth it, however. It didn't help my applications at all, and the only benefit is the chance to apply for member-only fellowships.

Thanks for the comments. I decided to ask for a fee waiver for the membership fee based on financial need. I am sure that just about every grad student could prove financial need but I doubt that many ask... If this sort of thing is offered then I will join but otherwise will not since I will already be paying for tons of phd program application fees this winter.