GRE freak-out fest. Help!

youngcharlie101

I'm an anthro student, and I've been constantly told that a high verbal score will enhance my application.

I took a class for the GRE, not really focusing much attention to the math. I've always been bad at math. Math: mental abuse to humans. ;)

My verbal score right now is a 156, and I'm working to get it higher. My exam is in a week, but perhaps I was told wrong about the math section?

Some of the schools I'm applying to require an 80-90th percentile verbal score, but they say nothing about math. What should I do? Should I delay the exam till November? But I have soooooo much to work on for my personal statement and writing sample. Also, I feel like the time I spend studying this weekend should be spent on trying to increase that verbal score.

Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks!

I'm lost, are you freaking out about Verbal or Math? Your Verbal should be fine I think, and your Math obviously doesn't really matter.

Keep focusing on verbal over the weekend and also read the online advice for the the essays, inlucding examples of essays that scored a 6. I would focus most of your attention on that and then set aside a couple hours each day to look over some math problems so that you can score decent on that too. Most of all just breathe and get sleep the night before the exam. Dont stress yourself out. If you dont do as well as you want then you can just retake it next month, no harm done!

I'm lost, are you freaking out about Verbal or Math? Your Verbal should be fine I think, and your Math obviously doesn't really matter.

Sorry. I meant to say that I'm freaking out about math. I'm going to work harder at verbal, but I worry that math is equally as important. 

Keep focusing on verbal over the weekend and also read the online advice for the the essays, inlucding examples of essays that scored a 6. I would focus most of your attention on that and then set aside a couple hours each day to look over some math problems so that you can score decent on that too. Most of all just breathe and get sleep the night before the exam. Dont stress yourself out. If you dont do as well as you want then you can just retake it next month, no harm done!

Thanks so much. :)