Spanish PhD 2015

BeatrizBear

On 2/2/2015 at 7:16 PM, tardesdeinvierno said:

Si! Acabo de recibir mi carta de aceptación hoy! Y tú?

Jaja, nada todavía. ? Estás haciendo Comparative Lit? Creo que WashU manda todo a la misma vez entonces voy a saber algo pronto... Eres internacional?

I've had one interview and other than that, I'm still in the silence phase too. Nothing after the interview either! But since I applied for linguistics, im not sure if it's going to be a slightly different time frame?

On the results page, only the people in the linguistics track mentioned an interview for UT Austin. But since we have so few notices on the results page it's hard to tell if maybe that's just a coincidence.

BeatrizBear, ¡Ánimo! No te han dicho nada. ten paciencia. Veremos.

Eeeeeeh...

Edited by BeatrizBear

I just got wait listed at Indiana. Honestly this makes me more nervous since the other schools I applied to are harder to get into. I wasn't expecting much since I wasn't a Spanish major so I suppose this might be the best I could hope for.

On 2/4/2015 at 5:12 PM, FingersCrossed12 said:

Well congrats for getting that far in the process! It's great that they got back to you so early... Last year, it seems like they didn't contact people until the 14th!

Yeah, I noticed that we seem to have a weird season this year. Last year UT Austin was pretty early since they have a December 31st deadline but I haven't heard a peep from them. Someone posted a rejection from Pitt in January even though that's super early compared to last year. And Washington University in St. Louis should have said something by now since someone got an acceptance from them. It looks like in all previous years they send acceptances one day and rejections the next day and they do it in January so it's weird WashU hasn't said anything to me yet.

I'm going to eat this entire bag of cookies now.

Contemporary Peninsular Lit. and Catalan Studies

Oh man, we're on total opposite ends here. I'm 20th and 21st century Spanish American Literature, immigration in the USA, Border Studies, and US Latino Lit. I totally couldn't get invested in the Peninsular stuff even though I took a few courses on it.

Edited by BeatrizBear

Happy to hear that notices are starting to be sent out! Hoping to hear from any university soon.

Has anyone been accepted to linguistics program???

LOVE Flight of the Conchords :D

Happy to hear that notices are starting to be sent out! Hoping to hear from any university soon.

Has anyone been accepted to linguistics program???

LOVE Flight of the Conchords :D

The director seems to personally be emailing everyone, at least my email came from his Indiana account, so he probably just has to get through everyone. I don't think everyone gets a message all at once.

I haven't been accepted for linguistics, just interviewed with one west coast school. Sorry to not specific, im paranoid haha

I'm from Los Angeles so I'm trying to get out of the West Coast, haha. I think I just applied to East coast schools. Just literature and language, though.

Edited by BeatrizBear