Please rate my essay.

Anas896

A nation should require all of its students to study the same national curriculum until they enter college.

The writer makes a bold statement in his/her call to teach the same curriculum in the national educational system until college.

As he/ she point out I quote “ A nation should require”, the statement falls to precise the writer’s ultimate target behind this claim. It leave us wonder what is he/she attempting to achieve in applying this concept? An unified educational system that generate a flow of students that share same principle knowledge? Or are he/ she trying to eliminate difference between schools and therefore make it even easier for parents to opt for the closest school in their neighbourhood. Sincerely, the writer keeps the door wide open for various interpretations.

In general terms, I share the writer’s viewpoint in regard of necessity that some key courses of national interest shall be accessible to all students. E.g. every student shall have a decent knowledge about his/her country of citizenship/resident’s history. Moreover, it is crucial to get it from authentic resources.

Needless to mention that while it is totally common that different dialects of one language exist in one country, there are countries with multiple languages. This renders communications between people in one country inefficient if there is no one common officially recognized language. Consequently, student should equally develop skills, likewise,  of how to read, write and listen in the country’s official language. Take an example of India’s tens of vivid spoken languages with only one official language.

On the other hand, a nation is made of different ethnics/races groups that require different customised courses. I find the concept of elective course quiet convenient as it leave some choice for individuals to learn their local languages and in parallel access to advanced courses on the core subjects of math and physics.

I believe that the writer hasn’t developed enough his/her idea. Certainly I would be in a contradiction if he/she would eliminate the elective courses, meanwhile, I persist about the vitality of giving a certain list of common courses to students until colleges.